Home

Weaksauce

This is a discussion on Weaksauce within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
Pro

Rau71's Arena

OVR: 8
Weaksauce

So I started a dynasty as San Jose State so I can go for my 1 to 6. I'm playing my opening game at Arizona State. I'm winning 10-3 going in the 4th quarter. I am playing on Heisman. Thats when something Happens. That something being a loss for me no matter what. With 3 mins left I am still winning 10-3 and I force a fumble. But the booth reviews, and the RB isn't even on his way down and they say over turned. Weak Number 1. I hold them to a FG when say, I am going to lose by 3. on the KR I run the whole way with protect ball down. Next play same thing, but Its fumble time, my Impact player RB fumbles. I knew it was going to happen. So they have the ball and I'm calling T.O.'s so I can mount a drive back to tie it after they score there TD. So they score there TD and I have 1:39 left. I run the kick back to the 50. I am driving all over them. I get down to the 3 with 50 sec left I run to the center of the field so at least I have an easy FG to tie if I don't score. But wait I forgot to look at the clock, once again it is Fumble time. I had 1 TO left so I was going to challenge, but they say the play wasn't challangeable because they showed me a replay, in which he was almost back to the huddle before the ball left his hand. Its good to see that NCAA makes sure that you can't turn teams around in one season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 12:50 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: Weaksauce

EA messed the challenge system up bad this year.

1. The booth reviews every other play. It's just unnecessary. It's obvious the damn thing wasn't a fumble, don't make me waste my damn time on the booth review.

2. The biggest thing, if you make a challenge system, MAKE SURE THE ANIMATIONS WORK! Every game there's a receiver who is obviously out of bounds, but the game decides that at some point, his foot made contact with the ground. Or the impossible running animations on the side lines where a guy can have his left foot right outside the out of bounds line, his right foot out of bounds in the air, and magically shift in bounds. Or the fact that elbows don't count as down.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:58 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rau71
So I started a dynasty as San Jose State so I can go for my 1 to 6. I'm playing my opening game at Arizona State. I'm winning 10-3 going in the 4th quarter. I am playing on Heisman. Thats when something Happens. That something being a loss for me no matter what. With 3 mins left I am still winning 10-3 and I force a fumble. But the booth reviews, and the RB isn't even on his way down and they say over turned. Weak Number 1. I hold them to a FG when say, I am going to lose by 3. on the KR I run the whole way with protect ball down. Next play same thing, but Its fumble time, my Impact player RB fumbles. I knew it was going to happen. So they have the ball and I'm calling T.O.'s so I can mount a drive back to tie it after they score there TD. So they score there TD and I have 1:39 left. I run the kick back to the 50. I am driving all over them. I get down to the 3 with 50 sec left I run to the center of the field so at least I have an easy FG to tie if I don't score. But wait I forgot to look at the clock, once again it is Fumble time. I had 1 TO left so I was going to challenge, but they say the play wasn't challangeable because they showed me a replay, in which he was almost back to the huddle before the ball left his hand. Its good to see that NCAA makes sure that you can't turn teams around in one season.
Tough breaks man, happens in real football though sometimes. I think as college football fans we all know that as we've all seen it happen time and time again.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-21-2007, 02:38 AM   #4
MVP

soxboy7's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Tough breaks man, happens in real football though sometimes. I think as college football fans we all know that as we've all seen it happen time and time again.
Exactly. When it happens in a game people say the game is rigged that way. When it happens in real life we realize why we love the sport.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:00 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

that happens so rarely in real life...seems like the game was rigged on that one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 03:12 AM   #6
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah, but it's much easier to take the loss when you can blame it on EA messing everything up.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:05 AM   #7
Pro

Rau71's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
Yeah, but it's much easier to take the loss when you can blame it on EA messing everything up.
Yeah but when you know its going to happen, because of a special situation, thats when it sucks. I know it can happen in real life, look at the Boise State OU game. But that was considered maybe the greatest game history. But there wasn't an OU fan saying, oh man There going to run a ridiculous Trick play to score a TD right here and we are going to lose. Thats the difference between why we love the game in real life so much, and a video game.

Last edited by Rau71; 07-21-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rau71
Yeah but when you know its going to happen, because of a special situation, thats when it sucks. I know it can happen in real life, look at the Boise State OU game. But that was considered maybe the greatest game history. But there wasn't an OU fan saying, oh man There going to run a ridiculous Trick play to score a TD right here and we are going to lose. Thats the difference between why we love the game in real life so much, and a video game.
True for your example, but I know i've watched many Hawai'i games where I know for example that the other team is going to run up the middle and get 5 yards and there's not a thing we can do about it. Then they go out and run up the middle and again and again and score and that's game, set match. It does suck that bad things happen that seem like you're getting such bad luck it's almost unbelievable but it happens in football, even if rarely, it still happens.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »