Home

Dirty Disc Errors

This is a discussion on Dirty Disc Errors within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2007, 02:31 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Dirty Disc Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lav
So clearing the cache doesn't erase game saves?
no just game updates.

I went home for lunch and played my buckeyes @ minnesota dynasty game and about 1 minute in i got a DDE. I restarted the 360 and the game played fine. That's 2 DDE's though now out of about 8 games, not a good sign.

I'm on hold now with Microsoft. Personally, I think my hard disk is bad on my unit, not the 360 itself. I'll let you guys know what they say, if i ever get a human that is.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 02:38 PM   #26
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

I have gotten my DDE only in Campus Legend mode at the end of games.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:42 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
I have gotten my DDE only in Campus Legend mode at the end of games.
I've gotten one in online play near the end of the game and one in Dynasty right at start of the game. I honestly do not believe it's a CD read error, I think it's a hard drive read error.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-24-2007, 02:56 PM   #28
Rookie

Jcriver442's Arena

OVR: 1

I did not get a DDE but I had 1 lock up at the end of a legend game.when I was looking and saving the replays.I knew something was going to happen because every replay was the last play.It was wierdI looked at 3 different files and all where the same.I tried to exit game and it locked up.Now my 360 had been messed up I was getting the 3 red lights and fixed it temperaly with the towel trick.fixes the 360 for sometimes 2 days sometimes 1.I hope it is all good when I get it back just sent out Friday it got to Tx today now just to wait.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:00 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

I'm talking to a guy from India right now and he says that if I am getting a DDE and there is nothing on the disc then the 360 will need repaired. He said to call back when I got my serial # and they'd see if this would be covered, if not it'll be $99 (at least if I go this route I get another 1 year of warranty coverage).

Great time for it to break down. At least I did get about 75-80 hours of football in before this though. I'm going to call back tomorrow and get my coffin on the way.

Old 07-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #30
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

I just turned off commentary like someone suggested. It so far looks to have worked. Once I heard the distinct scratchy sound the console makes before the error appears, and it recovered after it locked up briefly.

So I don't know what to say. Audio was far behind and sup bar this year anyways.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Some other guy posted this on an Xbox forum. Now this would make sense to me as it reflects what a lot of you guys are saying. This would also explain why I was able to play the game all week and no problems and now problems are starting to occur.

"I got them all the time on my old 360 and it was caused by leaving my discs in the machine when I was done playing or quitting a game using guide to boot to dashboard. Since 360 is a piece of ish hardware wise, the machine doesn't spindown discs properly and just slams them onto the dvd tray while they are still spinning. It's especially brutal when you boot up teh system with a game inside. It reads, then slams.

If you have a samsung drive, take a flashlight and look at the tray. If the plastic feet on the tray are worn, there's your problem. all my feet were completely grinded off and the plastic dust would coat my discs, but you need a bright light to see that patheticness.

I don't have the problem on my new one (never had any problem in 7 months) cos I do not leave my games in the system and I press the eject button when I am done playing. It's a samsung drive just like my old one and both were made within a week of each other."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #32
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Well I cleared the cache, started the 360 without the game booting, switched my 360 to vertical, and moved my hot power supply on top of my TV stand not next to the system below like I had it. I played through a whole session (game and recruiting) without it freezing...all though at the end of the game with :02 left against Ok St it paused while the commentary was still going. Then it caught back up and allowed me to finish the game.

My 360 is just over a year old. It's frozen before on Halo and 2k8 Hoops, and a couple times on NCAA 07. Nothing is more frustrating than being 3/4 of a way through a game and it doing that.

I love this game and hope this solves most of the problems. Playing on AA with the sliders I picked up here the games are close when they should be, realistic stats, and just a blast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »