Home

Dirty Disc Errors

This is a discussion on Dirty Disc Errors within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Dirty Disc Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
Well I cleared the cache, started the 360 without the game booting, switched my 360 to vertical, and moved my hot power supply on top of my TV stand not next to the system below like I had it. I played through a whole session (game and recruiting) without it freezing...all though at the end of the game with :02 left against Ok St it paused while the commentary was still going. Then it caught back up and allowed me to finish the game.

My 360 is just over a year old. It's frozen before on Halo and 2k8 Hoops, and a couple times on NCAA 07. Nothing is more frustrating than being 3/4 of a way through a game and it doing that.

I love this game and hope this solves most of the problems. Playing on AA with the sliders I picked up here the games are close when they should be, realistic stats, and just a blast.
does yours hard freeze or give the dirty disc error?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-24-2007, 06:39 PM   #34
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Hard freeze...I guess the DDE is different...I've never seen one of those. Sorry 'bout that.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:50 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
Hard freeze...I guess the DDE is different...I've never seen one of those. Sorry 'bout that.
After doing some investigating of my 360 today I realized the items I had underneath the 360 to provide air flow allowed for some "give" in the 360 tilting which could have caused my errors (I hope).

I also put the 360 power supply standing upright so it's not lying down on a surface (a definite no-no from what I've read) to avoid freezes. Finally, I blew some compressed air on the CD to try to get dust off of it, although I couldn't see any.

I'm going to play a game tonight and another game at lunch and if I see any DDE's or freezes then I'm calling for my coffin tomorrow.

Does anyone know how MS does the payment if I have to pay the $99? Do I pay now or when they ship the Xbox back? Right now i'm broke and don't get paid until Aug 3. It'd be nice to get the process started now but I won't be able to if I don't have the snaps.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #36
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Not sure if this will help anyone else, but lastnight I re-adjusted the position of my disc-tray and all of the grinding noises and DDE's have gone away.

If all else fails, you should re-adjust/re-position the disc-tray in your 360...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

First off, thanks so much for all the replies everyone, I have started to take my NCAA out of my disc tray when not using it, and it seems to have made a difference so far.

I have one question, though. How should the power supply be placed?

Right now I have it adjacent to my 360 (which I have on the ground, horizontal). The power supply, is, as I said, adjacent and on the ground about 3 inches from the 360. It is lying horizontal as well (although I don't see how it could lie vertical).

What is the optimum position for it?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd0493
First off, thanks so much for all the replies everyone, I have started to take my NCAA out of my disc tray when not using it, and it seems to have made a difference so far.

I have one question, though. How should the power supply be placed?

Right now I have it adjacent to my 360 (which I have on the ground, horizontal). The power supply, is, as I said, adjacent and on the ground about 3 inches from the 360. It is lying horizontal as well (although I don't see how it could lie vertical).

What is the optimum position for it?
i read your best bet is to put an open box underneath it and duct tape both cords on each side to the box, this means none of the power supply is against another surface and it will be cool.

i didn't do that for mine though, i just put mine leaning up against the wall of my ent. center so it is not touching the ground anywhere

Old 07-24-2007, 11:10 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
After doing some investigating of my 360 today I realized the items I had underneath the 360 to provide air flow allowed for some "give" in the 360 tilting which could have caused my errors (I hope).

I also put the 360 power supply standing upright so it's not lying down on a surface (a definite no-no from what I've read) to avoid freezes. Finally, I blew some compressed air on the CD to try to get dust off of it, although I couldn't see any.

I'm going to play a game tonight and another game at lunch and if I see any DDE's or freezes then I'm calling for my coffin tomorrow.

Ok, tonights game was pretty good, everything seemed to run better (in a sense of less pausing, etc) and no DDE's. Not celebrating yet, until I have about 30 more games without incident but just wanted to report to all my results.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:45 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

I personally think it has something to do with the way EA presses their discs. I have had frequent dirty disc errors on NCAA 07, Madden 07, Tiger Woods 06, and now on NCAA 08. I have never had a dirty disc error on any other game.

If I hadn't been so enamored with 60 FPS and had remembered all the DDEs I had gotten, I would have bought this for the PS3. Needless to say, this is the last EA game I buy for the 360, which is a shame since I much prefer it to the PS3.

Damn I hate EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »