Home

Blocking ?

This is a discussion on Blocking ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Blocking ?

Is the new blocking supposed to be in this game or is it just Madden this year ?

I ask because playing Florida versus FSU. It is 3rd and 1 and I am running a HB Smash out of a goaline set.

Anway, in game time I give it to me running back and he just get's blown up from the MLB right in the hole I was supposed to run through. I am thinking to myself where the heck was my FB.

So I watch the replay. The upfront blocking is great. They open the hole. The MLB comes from the right through the hole and is the only defender. So it's a 1 on 1 with my FB. Problem is there is no block because my fullback runs away from the MLB behind the right side of the line and proceeds to turn and stand there to watch the MLB stuff me for a two yard loss. I mean it felt like my FB saw the MLB and said, F this I am getting outta here.

My issue here is not that I didn't get the first. My issue is that the interaction should have been the MLB and the FB one on one and either the MLB winning and making the tackle or the FB winning, my RB goes through the hole and gets the first. Even if the FB whiffs at the block and makes a bad play but still attempts a block is fine by me. But he just ran away form the block.

I remember seeing the blocking video from Madden and it seemed like they really worked on that. I really hope that Madden is better than NCAA because I am kind of dissapointed with this. THe PS2 version, IMO is alot more fun, has more options and doesn't feel like molasses, but I want to like the PS3 version and keep trying hoping it will grow on me until the rosters come out.

Does anyone know if any of the blocking was supposed to be added from Madden to NCAA this year ?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 11:48 PM   #2
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Blocking ?

Lead blocking is in the game. Switch to your fullback using "B" presnap and then hit the "LB" button. His circle should turn red and you are in control of him to lay out that MLB, or completely whiff.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

The same thing happens to me often. I think I've seen a double team block once, but the defender ended up getting through instantly and blowing my play up. I'm guessing if two Wisconsin lineman are going to block one man, that man will not be part of the play.

It seems slightly improved, but I still have DEs running right by my AA tackle without being touched. I sure hope this isn't the new and improved blocking that will be in Madden.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:57 PM   #4
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I know about lead blocking. I was really asking about the overhaul in blocking that's supposed to happen with Madden.

As far as taking control of the FB, that's fine, but I shouldn't have to control the FB for the CPU to at least make an effort at the block. I mean the FB I ad was rated an 82 I believe with a 78 awareness. He didn't run away until the MLB had already ran directly at him. If he had gone to the wrong hole right away I could have imagined he made a bad read but he didn't go until after the hole opened up.

Maybe I am asking too much but I would like my FB too actually try and block. It just seems the FB's have done this same crap for years and it's always annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »