Home

Finally, a answer to all the picks...

This is a discussion on Finally, a answer to all the picks... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2007, 08:44 PM   #17
Pro

gallandro's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Finally, a answer to all the picks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
how about the cpu? how do i explain this to the cpu?.. .how how how.. DAMN!.. why the cpu QB have to throw 2.5 picks avg every game?.. why? no matter how good he is he is alwasy throing 2.5 avg picks per game...
Thank you... playing with ASU I picked off the CPU 5 times in the first half, 3 times with FS Josh Barrett, who ran two of them back for touchdowns... loads of fun, and that was with both Interceptions and Knockdowns turned to 0 and with Awareness cranked down.

And no... about half of the INTs I've thrown were with my WR in single coverage and a DB covering my other receiver with his back turned to me. I bullet pass it and the DB (with his back still turned and reacting to my secondary receiver) suddenly becomes a psychic and leaps some 5-8 yards off his coverage route to intercept his pass.

I think it has to do with the physics modeling of players (or specifically lack of modeling) in this game... fat linemen leap like skinny DBs. LBs have superhuman leaping abilities. One of my favorites is when I leap and knock down as pass, while still in mid-air I hit the X button and the same player who knocked the pass down suddenly goes all Matrix and magically contorts his body and tackles the intended receiver to boot.

Yancy
Old 07-24-2007, 08:50 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 11

i dunno. Some things arent that simple. The cpu still does the speed boost/jet pack thing when jumpin routes. But i hear what you are saying.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:06 PM   #19
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I seem to be hot and cold.

I'm really trying a "run first" mentality this year. Typically, I'm a spread guy who passes a lot, but right now I dont see that working as I have trouble making some of the throws I used to make... mainly those over the middle.

Last game I played vs. cpu I was 15 of 16 for just under 200 yards with Kentucky. I ran a lot of screens, play actions, and short "option" routes. This was default All-American vs. a team of equal caliber.

I like to stick with the short passes and pick my spots on anything deep. Look for RBs out of the backfield or ins and outs vs. man. Try shorter option routes with the TE, RB, or slot WR as they typically will pick the right route to get open. Every once in a while, you'll find someone open deep on a corner route or post when you really need it.

Play Action can be a life-saver too. I had a WR get WIDE OPEN... we're talkign NO ONE near him on a play and I just launched it up for a 70+ yard TD.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:11 PM   #20
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

go into practice mode. pick a pass play with a curl or a out. pick man d. throw the out route about 10 times and watch the cb thats covering the wr every time. this is where the route running ability and defensive play recognition come into play. the wr and cb interact different almost every time. you will learn how to read if he's truly open and how to throw passes on the wr's break. that is where they are most dangerous, when they make there cut on a route. watch the cb to see if there is seperation on the break and if there is throw it. i make bad reads, but alot less. the deep ball is tricky as you always have to lead and angle to the open shoulder. comeback routes are the trickyist route imo. cb's can break on the ball quick on this route and go house.

as far as the cpu throwing picks. SLIDERS. this game never plays good out of the box and never will unless you are playing against a human. everyone plays different and you have to find whats best for you. the int thing is a problem and you have to adjust the sliders. sn's are pretty good but too easy. try sportgamers24 heisman sliders. they are good as he moves all sliders down instead of up keeping balance but slowing things down and it helps your oline from giving up those quick sacks were you never get a chance to take a step.

good luck. i'm not great but i've gone from not throwing to loving to play with passing teams. the secondary gives you holes and makes glaring mistakes now also. in the past it was always the same coverage. now you get variations. run some playaction to the fullback against man. the LB mostly covers him but sometimes he bites if you have been running at him. wide open. this works with all positions and i get the te open alot down the center on playaction. use your rb's and te's to block. if they are bringing pressure use your extra blockers and hot route those players running usless routes too block.

oh yea. learn to take sacks! some times you just call the wrong play vs. the d that was called.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:21 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Do WRs/TEs/HB that run option routes typically go where they'll be most open? If so, I'm switching to a more 'Option' route based passing attacking.

Well, I answered my own question. Ran an option route with my impact WR and he opted to go with the hook which put him in the middle of a ring of 3 zone defenders. Being a coach mode'er, I knew this was gonna be a waste of money and time.

Dang!

Last edited by NoleFan; 07-24-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 09:47 PM   #22
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

I bet you at least 75% of the INTs thrown by human players are over the middle.

That's where most of my picks come from. Throwing off the backfoot somewhere in between the seams.

I have yet to be picked off down the sidelines somewhere.

What videogamers have become accustomed to is post patterns and drag patterns because they have been football money plays.

Threadstarter is on point.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:56 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

What I hate to admit is that I know the interceptions are my fault. That's why I coach in the first place because I don't want my team to be 2-9 because I suck but because they suck.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:58 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 20

I have 6 in 4 games in my dynasty and they all were my fault. I'm playing Heisman default so I don't see many thrown by the CPU either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »