Home

hows your dyansty?

This is a discussion on hows your dyansty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2007, 10:39 PM   #9
The Victor

WolverineChamp's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: hows your dyansty?

4-0 with my Northwestern Dynasty
I have a win over Army, a huge second half comeback to beat Nevada, a last second field goal to beat Ohio State, and for some reason, dominated #1 Michigan (38-20). Hope the rest of the season goes this well.

Last edited by WolverineChamp; 07-24-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:43 PM   #10
Rookie

t216's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Haven't started yet - still no Xbox rosters.
Same here. Hey, I've been meaning to ask you guys. I plan on doing a dynasty. Which rising star team should I use??
Old 07-24-2007, 10:50 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

6-1 with Rutgers, #24 in the country.

This is my second year though. First year I was at Ohio University. Set a few record with the QB. Went 11-3. Only two regular season losses, won the MAC Championship. Went to the Motor City Bowl against North Texas at 11-2, they were 10-2. Was up the whole game, let them back into it. I was up by 6 with one minute, they put on an Elway-esque drive on me and stole the game.

Got the job offer, went to Rutgers. Didn't have a great recruiting class. No 5* recruits, but three 4* and six 3*.

This season, I started off winning two in a row, but lost in a 28-24 heart breaking game against Pitt, but redeemed myself with a 38-35 win over #11 WVU.

Ray Rice is struggling, had an ankle injury that cost him two weeks. Mike Teel's been the leading the way with his passing. Kenny Britt's been my real star. Big play receiver. Already has 11 TD catches, school record. A top five receiver in all categories in the Big East, and top five in the NCAA. Probably going to be an All-American.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 11:04 PM   #12
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by t216
Same here. Hey, I've been meaning to ask you guys. I plan on doing a dynasty. Which rising star team should I use??
What do you mean by rising star? Major conference or minor conference?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Well just finished my 2nd year, one the BCS title back-to-back, and finished 2nd in recruiting in my first year, and it looks like im gonna finish in first this year. My recruits are beast, also i am so stacked on HB position its not even funny.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:35 AM   #14
Rookie

This is getting intense!

Second year, I'm at Rutgers. I go 12-1, win Orange Bowl against Miami. Get some job offers. Alabama, Tennessee, and West Virginia. Didn't want to stay in conference, and Alabama's contract was a little too tough, and I didn't think I could make up for it.

Tennessee looked just about right. Somehow, the previous year they went 4-8, so anything above .500 was good enough.

I go there, start recruiting, notice they have no halfbacks left. I pull in the #2 HB in the nation, and about 4 other 3*-4* HBs. I end up with the best recruiting class in the nation:

5* - 6 recruits (Including the #2 HB, #1 OLB, and #4 MLB)
4* - 7 recruits
3*-5 recruits
2* - 2 recruits
1* - 1 recruits

LSU was just behind me with one less 4* recruit, and identical everything else, and Florida (Who is #1 and still has Tebow) had the third best class.

I look at the depth chart. It's scary, lol. I'm starting:

(94 OVR) A senior QB (Jonathan Crompton)
(87 OVR) A freshman HB (with three freshman back ups >_>)
A sophmore FB
A freshman TE
Two freshman WR
A freshman kicker

To compound problems, the SEC is straight up STACKED this year, and most of them are veteran teams. Florida, LSU, and Georgia are all Pre-Season Top 10's. I'm #40.

Then I look at my schedule, most likely the hardest schedule in the nation. Looking at it, I start with:

Week 1: Some crap 1AA team
Week 2: #10 UCLA
Week 3: Bye
Week 4: #1 Florida
Week 5: #21 South Carolina
Week 6: #9 Georgia

I blew out that 1AA team like 54-14. I beat UCLA 35-17 (albeit, their two offensive impact players were injured), and things are going good. I'm A+ in all categories, and my QB is a monster. Has no speed, but my OL is good enough where he can sit, and he's so accurate he doesn't miss throws. 6 TDs, and 1 INT so far. I'm pretty much running a 2 back offense at this point, even considering putting one of them at FB and running a triple option scheme. My main back, Joey Hardy, has put up 150+ yards in the first two games, his speed is like 95, and spin/juke are 92.

I'm still unranked, but this next game makes or breaks my National Championship hopes. Tebow is a force to be reckoned with.

So, next game: Tennessee vs. #1 Florida. Gonna play it in the morning.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:43 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 16

I had a somewhat disappointing year with Michigan. Considering how they start ranked number two in the country, it's never a good feeling ending at #13. I lost an early game to Oregon or Oregon State (I forget). I then continued to win all the games leading up to the Ohio State game. So on the final game of the regular season, I let a huge lead slip away and Ohio State upset us in our own house. I still won the Big 10, which gave me a bid to the Rose Bowl. However, it was still disappointing. So heading into the Rose Bowl game I was #9 facing #3 Virginia Tech. It was an extremely close and competitive Rose Bowl game. Unfortunately, VT pulled ahead by one touchdown at the end and I couldn't pull off the late drive miracle.

So even with that disappointment, I managed to recruit the number one class in the country the following off-season (unlocking an achievement in the process ). This year, I'm 2-0 so far. I also exacted revenge over the Rose Bowl lose in the second game of this season, as I blew out #3 Virginia Tech in the Big House! It was a great feeling to kick their *** after they gave us that sour taste in our mouth at the end of last season. Now I can only hope to continue the success later in the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 03:50 AM   #16
Rookie

Haha, nice.

That's what I'm liking about this game, opposed to NFL/AP2K8. The wins/losses feel more personal than in other games. Maybe it has to do with the recruiting/promises and what not, but I'm a lot more connected. Most years I can't do a Dynasty for very long without using Dynasty Manager/Central to keep my interest, but not this year. And then, with the introduction of SUPER SIM you can play every game in a more feasible manner. I personally, play all offense, skip Field Goals/Kickoffs/Punts/Defense (except 3rd down)

But ya, in my game Michigan went 8-4 the first year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »