Home

D-Line tips anyone? (N-GEN)

This is a discussion on D-Line tips anyone? (N-GEN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2007, 06:47 AM   #1
Rookie

razcan's Arena

OVR: 9
D-Line tips anyone? (N-GEN)

I typically play MLB if I know his assignment. At those times when I call completely unfamiliar plays I play DE to be safe. Unlike past NCAA's playing the line isn't easy. You cant throw down lineman and you can sprint pass the blocking- THANK GOD!!!

The added challenge is great and much more realistic. But I have very little success disrupting the run or pressuring the QB now. What are some effective techniques?

Do you guys look at the lineman's "power", and "finesse" moves rating when determining which button to use? Do you combine turbo with those moves or simply use the swim or power? Is jumping the snap the only answer (sigh)? Are power moves VS finesse moves generally more effective or does the rating actually effect it?

So many questions! I feel so ineffective with the DE's this year. I welcome the learning curve though. Its been a blast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 06:53 AM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: D-Line tips anyone? (N-GEN)

I've also been completely worthless on the line, which may help in online play, but makes for a difficult single-player experience. I've yet to find any techniques that work as far as finesse/power moves and have started controlling LBs and safeties more and more. Maybe someone out there can help us scrubs out!
Old 07-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I liked it better when they had combined finesse/power moves and a left and right button instead. They need to remap these controls back to the R-stick like '06 had on CG. I haven't had success with the buttons on the PS3 as it seems as soon as you are engaged you can't break off the block in time to make a play. I have found if you just use the L-stick and try to manually deke the OL or break free that I have more success than trying to use the buttons to make plays. Either way its pretty hard.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:44 AM   #4
Rookie

razcan's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I liked it better when they had combined finesse/power moves and a left and right button instead. They need to remap these controls back to the R-stick like '06 had on CG.
On CG I never used the "power" move, only left and right swim moves. I agree, it was seamless when mapped to the stick.I am used to combining turbo with the power/finesse moves. On PS3 I find it very uncomfortable to combine turbo (R2) with the finesse move (R1). I have become an excellent passer, so I am convinced I can learn to have an impact on the line.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #5
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

I am about 10 games in with LSU in my dynasty and I get NO sacks. I think I have one guy with 3 and a couple of guys with 2. And thats with one of the best dlines in the nation. Hopefully i can get better.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »