Home

RECRUITING QUESTIONS!

This is a discussion on RECRUITING QUESTIONS! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: RECRUITING QUESTIONS!

14 players in season is a hell of an accomplishment.
given the fact you only get 25 scholarships a year.
u basically did all the work before the offseason.

i ended up bringing in the #25 recruiting class, with 19- 3 star recruits, and 4- 2 stars, that were later cut.

im getting the hang of it now.
im gonna see if i fare better this year, now that i have a few big prospects interested in me, since I have Illini rated top 25 now, and will judson a heisman candidate. (his speed is unstoppable, jet sweep and wr options)
Old 07-26-2007, 09:18 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

i too am hoping to have a better recruiting class the second time around. there is already a 5* qb interested in my 1* utah state team.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:08 AM   #19
Rookie

tinman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14

Also i want to add that visits are at their best when its a big game against a rival or a high ranked opponenant. The best visits against cupcake teams usually only yeild a B+, but big game wins are often A s
But also make sure you win your game. Playing as Maryland, I brought in a bunch of recruits my week 9 Clemson game. Lost 28-24 in a great game that ended with me throwing incomplete in the endzone on fourth down.

All of the visiting recruits graded the visit as a C even though I scheduled activities that were regarded as Most and Very High for every recruit. The C grade hurts.

The interesting thing is that the low grade basically kept all of the recruits' interest level at the same point it was the week before. So the loss didn't matter much to the recruits that had me as their top choice as after the game they still had me as their #1 school. Where the loss hurt the most was with the recruits that had me as their #2 or 3 ranked school. After the visit, with no movement, I'm still their #2 or 3 and think at this point, my chances of inking them are slim.

Great risk reward feature though.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:47 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
i'm playing as utah state and went 3-9 in year 1. i brought in a total of 17 guys...all 2-star. in year 2 i sorted the entire prospect database by interest and made sure that i added some higher caliber guys. it's funny to call them up only to see them be furious as soon as they answer the phone. i do have some 3-star guys who are interested. there's a 3-star wr who i found 2 'very high' and his 'most' pitch on the first call.

question though, do you pitch stuff that you're school isn't rated highly in? i generally just pitch what we're rated highly in and try to get the recruit to warm up to us based on what we do have to offer.
If you really want to optimize your chances you do a find pitch on things that youre not good in and then if its a high interest and unlocked you try to sway the players interest down
Old 07-27-2007, 12:35 PM   #21
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I what point in the season do you decide to drop a recruit off your board? I'm at the halfway point in my season and I've got lots of recruits on my board that have their interest bar in my really high but there are still two or three that are only at the halfway point in their interest bar and aren't ready for a visit. Should I drop these guys off my board now and replace them with guys that I might have a better chance of signing? Or should I just not worry about it and just make up for their loss in the offseason recruiting?

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeh I want to know that also.

Because i brought alot of dudes in for a visit week 5 when i beat michigan.
but they have alot of visits at other schools later in the year, so i dont kno if i should continue workin on them if they dont have me number 1.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:22 PM   #23
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

I didn't get a kicker and ended up just taking a walk-on. I figured anything over 40 yards would just be completely out of the question, but he made a 48 yarder into 11 mph wind with plenty of extra leg on it. Anyone else seen anything like this? Is he like a sleeper or something? His overall rating is terrible like low 60's I think.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:25 PM   #24
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat
Yeh I want to know that also.

Because i brought alot of dudes in for a visit week 5 when i beat michigan.
but they have alot of visits at other schools later in the year, so i dont kno if i should continue workin on them if they dont have me number 1.
yes continue pursuing them..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »