Home

Eye Black on the 360?

This is a discussion on Eye Black on the 360? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Eye Black on the 360?

Am I missing this, I read here last week that you could add eye black on the 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Eye Black on the 360?

Nope, no eyeblack this year.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #3
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

sadly - our only option is the illegal black visor
Old 07-26-2007, 08:09 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
sadly - our only option is the illegal black visor
And to make matters even worse, it looks more like a space helmet with that black visor than a football helmet, and TONS of recruits come in with it, including kickers and punters. When is the last time you saw a real college kicker or punter with a visor???
Old 07-26-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
And to make matters even worse, it looks more like a space helmet with that black visor than a football helmet, and TONS of recruits come in with it, including kickers and punters. When is the last time you saw a real college kicker or punter with a visor???
just take them off no big deal. although i woulda liked a few different color visors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 08:52 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
They put the ability to edit equipment in there for a reason. Don't like what they're wearing? Change it.

As for the eye black? Seriously guys...who gives a crap?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:24 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
They put the ability to edit equipment in there for a reason. Don't like what they're wearing? Change it.

The eye black doesn't bother me so much because it's really, really hard to tell they're even wearing it, unless you do a closeup on an instant replay. The visor, on the other hand, is definitely more noticeable during gameplay.

I know you can edit the equipment, and it's tedious enough just editing for the default rosters, which I do, because once I'm done, I can use that roster for every Dynasty I start. If I spent the time editing all of the incoming recruits each season, I'd never have time to play the game.

I'm not trying to make this sound overly simplified, but how hard can it be to come up with a weighting system for incoming recruits that says QB's have X% of coming in with a visor, RB's X%, etc. From what I've seen in real life, RB's seem to be the position that uses the visors the most, so I'd expect to see more RB recruits come in with those than other positions. And even though I don't think I've ever seen one, I'm sure there's a college kicker out there somewhere with a visor, so K's could have say a 0.25% chance of coming in with a visor. This shouldn't be that hard to do, and once it's done, it's done.

I'd also like to see this done with names and race, which I've stated I'd like to see done in College Hoops, as well. Right now everything is completely random and so many of the recruits are just absurdly unrealistic. As for NCAA 08, I would've much rather had no visors at all than the black one they gave us.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #8
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy

Mauler97 (at least)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »