Home

Money Plays?

This is a discussion on Money Plays? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2007, 06:32 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Money Plays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfin1212
OK there is one money play that I try not to abuse. Any kind of play action to the fb in the flat almost always works and I use the package button to have Dual HB or my second string running back at fullback. try it.
Yeah, this is the only money play I know of.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:53 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

For me it's the same play as last year. Ace Slot Deep Outs. If the d is in man, throw the out, if the d is in zone, throw the post to the slot man (and be sure to precision pass, throwing it high so he has to go get it so that the LB doesn't use his 65 inch verticle to pick it). I havent been breaking it for long td's or anything, but if I need to convert a long third down this is my go to play. As long as you don't get sacked, it should work.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #19
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4

bump
Old 08-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 9

Be careful with those FB dump pass's. if you start to go to them to frequently the defense will go cover 2, leaving the corners in the flats. If you don't notice (and with the camera angle, you most likley won't) it can easily turn into a pick 6.

Not to say it isn't a great play, but its hardly risk free if you try and abuse it.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:36 PM   #21
Rookie

sikivu's Arena

OVR: 2

How do you throw it high? There's plenty of times I have a receiver going behind a zone mlb and he skies to knock the ball down. If I lob it then it gives the safety time to break it up. I'm looking to throw a nice arcing ball with decent velocity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #22
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikivu
How do you throw it high? There's plenty of times I have a receiver going behind a zone mlb and he skies to knock the ball down. If I lob it then it gives the safety time to break it up. I'm looking to throw a nice arcing ball with decent velocity.

Make sure your qb's feet are set, then lightly tap the button...that works for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-02-2007, 06:56 PM   #23
Y** d*s*rv* *t b*g f*ll*!

jtbleek's Arena

OVR: 6

One I've had success with is called Safety Bait. It's in a few different formations I think. It's not totally money, but pretty effective. You have one wideout to your left and the back motions to the left side and runs a deep post. You must hot route the wideout to a streak pattern. In alot of cover two plays the safety has to pick which one to follow (the back more often than not), and in man you get an iso on the edge which is nice.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

For years Curl Flats out of just about any formation has been a money play. It's a two receiver read (so you don't even have to worry about half the field). When you are on the left hash, call Curl Flats and hot route the outside receiver (on the left) to run an in route. The slot receiver (in Ace Slot it's a receiver in Ace it's a TE) will run to the sideline and all you have to do is watch the coverage. Zone - throw it to the slot when the corner moves in with the outside guy. Man - throw it to the outside receiver when he breaks in. If you are playing online and your opponent tries to press up and jam the receivers, just hot route your outside guy to run a fly pattern. I've never seen anyone be able to stop that play. Also, I usually hot route my TE and RB to block so that I have extra time if the defense blitzes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »