Home

Going Deep!!!!!! Help

This is a discussion on Going Deep!!!!!! Help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Going Deep!!!!!! Help

pump fake works well. You really have to read the d well when going deep. I pay attention to the 2 safties. If they are back in zone play it will be tough. But if they are doubling up a WR or blitzing, you will have a 1 on 1 coverage in the middle of the field.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:48 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Going Deep!!!!!! Help

Not really adding any info on how to do it, but I want to stress the importance of reading the safeties because even if they don't pick the pass they will knock it down.

I had not been able to get a deep ball completed in stride for over a season and finally I just started to work the short passing game, run the ball and when I get 1-on-1 coverage with a fast WR I will lead the pass downfield and put a nice lob on the ball.... I have had about 10 beautiful deep balls over the course of a season that have lead to some oustanding touchdowns with the WR sprinting past the DB and the ball hitting him perfectly in stride for the TD. I've even had some where I left the ball out there and the WR would make a huge stretch to snatch as it sailed over the arm of the DB trying to swat it.... it's just really fun because there is actually some anticipation with a Deep ball now and you can't throw into a crowd because that Safety will be watching that ball licking his chops.

By the way, it's not impossible to not throw a ton of Ints like some have been saying.... I finished the 12th game of my CL season and had 31 TDs and just 6 ints and 3600 yards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »