Home

The Main Problem: QB's Are Inaccurate

This is a discussion on The Main Problem: QB's Are Inaccurate within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: The Main Problem: QB's Are Inaccurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
I feel the same way. I had to drop QB ACC down to 35 for me because my QB's looked like Joe Montana/Steve Young hybrids.
I agree, I think that QBs accuracy is well done in the game. The better QB's play like better QB's and the lesser ones play like lesser ones. This complaint is ironic too because for years people have said that was one major gripe against EA's football games is that you couldn't tell the difference in bad QBs vs good QBs. Well careful what you wish for as they say.

This thread and the INT complaining threads in general are good evidence that no matter what road EA or Taketwo take there will always be people who feel it was the wrong path to take. I for one though am thoroughly happy that they are making the game more realistic and sim-like.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-28-2007, 06:38 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Is it a random thing or is there a reason why I can have 1-on-1 with my TE and LB on a crucial 3rd down with no immediate pressure to my QB and he'll throw the ball behind and away from the TE because he's gone into that throwing off of the back foot animation for no apparent reason?
Old 07-28-2007, 06:41 PM   #11
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Is it a random thing or is there a reason why I can have 1-on-1 with my TE and LB on a crucial 3rd down with no immediate pressure to my QB and he'll throw the ball behind and away from the TE because he's gone into that throwing off of the back foot animation for no apparent reason?
great QB's make bad throws all of the time because they rush the throw. Even when the perfect 1 on 1 happens a rushed throw or a slight underthrow happens. Believe me I have seen a lot of missed chances over the years when a perfect situation happened and a receiver was wide open,the QB read it right and made a bad throw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Well, I guess we as gamers aren't ready for the type of randomness in games.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:57 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Well, I guess we as gamers aren't ready for the type of randomness in games.
Speak for yourself, I know I am, and judging by this thread so are a good portion of other games out there. Also, it's probably not randomness, it's probably tied to their AWR rating or something like that. As I've said time and time again in the "EA should add botched snaps to the games thread" people on here and elsewhere constantly beg for realism and then complain when they get it.

You and the guy who started this thread might have an arguement if, in real life, QBs were never inaccurate, even as stated, the good QB's, with time, standing in the pocket throwing to a wide open guy. But since they do I find it comical to complain that it's in the game. Ironic. Personally I love it because QB's in college do make these bad throws sometimes and I want that type of realism modeled in the game.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-28-2007, 07:10 PM   #14
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

So far, I like the passing game. It appears to well done.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Speak for yourself, I know I am, and judging by this thread so are a good portion of other games out there. Also, it's probably not randomness, it's probably tied to their AWR rating or something like that. As I've said time and time again in the "EA should add botched snaps to the games thread" people on here and elsewhere constantly beg for realism and then complain when they get it.

You and the guy who started this thread might have an arguement if, in real life, QBs were never inaccurate, even as stated, the good QB's, with time, standing in the pocket throwing to a wide open guy. But since they do I find it comical to complain that it's in the game. Ironic. Personally I love it because QB's in college do make these bad throws sometimes and I want that type of realism modeled in the game.
I don't have a problem with inaccurate passes. That's fine and welcome. I just find it weird that with noone bearing down on him he throws off of his back foot like he's about to get creamed is all.

I'm improving I think because I only threw 2 ints in my last game. I realize that some I've thrown in the past have been completely my fault. I hate to admit it but it's true. Some have been suspect though.

Last edited by NoleFan; 07-28-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 07:36 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
I don't have a problem with inaccurate passes. That's fine and welcome. I just find it weird that with noone bearing down on him he throws off of his back foot like he's about to get creamed is all.

I'm improving I think because I only threw 2 ints in my last game. I realize that some I've thrown in the past have been completely my fault. I hate to admit it but it's true. Some have been suspect though.
I honestly have never seen him throw off his back foot when you're not moving backwards at least slightly on the stick. You may be doing this and not even realize it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »