Home

Too many interceptions?

This is a discussion on Too many interceptions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #33
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: So I quit my OSU dynasty today...it's has become unplayable.

I am trying like hell to like this game but every time I play it I scratch my head and wonder, does EA employ anyone that actually watches football?
Old 07-29-2007, 05:04 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13
I can't believe some people are just not seeing the int problem. It is there. It is way too easy to pick off the cpu, no matter what team you are playing with and what slider set you are using. I have not had one game where I have not picked off the cpu at least once(and that is rare). It usually three to five, I have had a few games where I picked off the cpu 8 times. Most of the int's I get are not even me controlling the guy. I am trying really hard to get past this but it is bringing down my enjoyment of the game. EA got most of it right this year, but really messed up the the db play this year.
Great post. I can't even play the game using Penn State on any level because Justin King intercepts at least one pass every game without me even controlling him. If it's not him it's the 99 rated Conner. Plus, most of the interceptions are jumping a route and an easy six. I suck at video football and returned 2 interceptions on Heisman with Penn State in a quarter the other night. I have played one game without picking anyone off (I was Okl State at Texas A&M) and then my next game was Penn State and at the end of the first King picked one off in the end zone and returned it 100 yards. This was with *every* slider favoring the CPU.

I've tried playing with lower rated teams, but the only difference is usually I throw 2-3 picks as well and fumble more. It's not that the games are boring because even if I pick up 14 points on interception returns the sliders are so slanted for the CPU they can usually score 21-31 off me.

If the game didn't have sliders I would have sold it by now, but I'm hoping someone can figure it out because it's pretty solid otherwise.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:24 PM   #35
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Good point SoMiss. No game is perfect. I find this year's problem to bigger than years past though.

What sliders are you using to get the stats that you've seen so far in your Dynasty?

I've been playing with AWR at 20, INT and KND at 0 and I wish I could say different but I have a returned a INT for a score every game.
How about using a crappy team... I'm Temple and this game is tough. My record against the CPU is 10-14 on AA w/ Playmakers sliders. Play w/ a team that is not one of the best in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #36
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Through 6 games, my defense has 12 INTs. Some guys having 8 in one game? I am not seeing it.
Maybe you're just not that good?

AA QB AI is broken. No way around it. I shouldn't have to play as the d-line so I don't pick off as many.

Online play is the way to go for this year, and it's so sad to say because I want so badly to get into the dynasty aspect. But playing online is actually fun this year because it's not as easy to cheese [although believe me you still can if you try]. Online I think EA actually got it decent, so long as it's a lag free session, I've enjoyed my time online in my 15 or so games. I am looking forward to playing in an online league as well.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:00 PM   #37
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Before everyone flames me keep in mind that I've been playing football games since the Atari and have watched actual football just as long.

I've come to the conclusion that this game is a broken piece of sh!+. I'm going to play one or two more games with yet another slider set until I completely give up on this horrible excuse for a football game.

-Too many CPU broken tackles

-Way too many INT's for either side

-Horrible DB A.I.

-CPU 4th Quarter cheat mode

-Piss poor Defensive AI (If I had a dollar for every time my defenders watched a back or QB run buy them without making a play, or back peddling 5 yards to allow the CPU to get the first down, I'd be rich)

-CPU does not throw down field

I want to like this game but it is just broken out of the box. EA needs to stop working on non-gameplay features and fix the horrible A.I.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:28 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
Before everyone flames me keep in mind that I've been playing football games since the Atari and have watched actual football just as long.

I've come to the conclusion that this game is a broken piece of sh!+. I'm going to play one or two more games with yet another slider set until I completely give up on this horrible excuse for a football game.

-Horrible DB A.I.

-Piss poor Defensive AI (If I had a dollar for every time my defenders watched a back or QB run buy them without making a play, or back peddling 5 yards to allow the CPU to get the first down, I'd be rich)

I want to like this game but it is just broken out of the box. EA needs to stop working on non-gameplay features and fix the horrible A.I.
Amen, brother. I haven't played a NCAA Football game in years, but when I first played this I still some of the same bugs that have been EA's game for years. Also, a whole new slew of ones. I am seeing exactly everything that you mentioned. If this is football, then I'm Vince Lombardi.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:48 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate

-Horrible DB A.I.

I honestly don't see all of these problems. I normally am AA on NCAA, All Pro on Madden guy, i'm not that great. This year I hit Heisman and have lost the issues.

CPU Broken Tackles can be fixed by not using the Hit Stick all of the time and just running into the ball carrier, the game auto engages you and you tackle them.

INT's have not been an issue for me, well I've thrown a few but its from forcing passes, the CPU has 10 picks through 9 games in my Dynasty with the Badgers.

DB A.I. Has been very good, I get a lot of passes knocked down and well I control the DB's so I can't comment on user DB play (PLAY CALLING IS HUGE IN THIS ALSO)

CPU 4th Quarter cheat mode LOL!, every year there are complaints, I have had the CPU comeback and beat me but they don't turn into superhuman, bad play calling and bad moves by the user cause this!

And the CPU does go downfield, it depends on the team Hawaii does all the time against me and most other teams don't do it often but that is realistic.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:06 PM   #40
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

I've been having an open mind, but i'm sick of all the effing dropped passes in games I'm a huge underdog. I dropped 4 in a row on a drive. It's not like I wasn't throwing to the right guy, it's just I got ahead, so the game started screwing me. Two of the dropped passes were to a guy that was at 99 due to performance boosts. It's not very fun when you play correctly, yet you get screwed cause they have all of your passes drop so you don't score against a highly ranked team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »