Home

Too many interceptions?

This is a discussion on Too many interceptions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #41
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: So I quit my OSU dynasty today...it's has become unplayable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
Before everyone flames me keep in mind that I've been playing football games since the Atari and have watched actual football just as long.

I've come to the conclusion that this game is a broken piece of sh!+. I'm going to play one or two more games with yet another slider set until I completely give up on this horrible excuse for a football game.

-Too many CPU broken tackles

-Way too many INT's for either side

-Horrible DB A.I.

-CPU 4th Quarter cheat mode

-Piss poor Defensive AI (If I had a dollar for every time my defenders watched a back or QB run buy them without making a play, or back peddling 5 yards to allow the CPU to get the first down, I'd be rich)

-CPU does not throw down field

I want to like this game but it is just broken out of the box. EA needs to stop working on non-gameplay features and fix the horrible A.I.
C.P.U. throwing too many picks, and not throwing down field enough are the only of these that I see. The other things you mention have not been a problem for me at all. I'm sorry your experience has been so negative.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5
Too many interceptions?

So I'm playing as South Carolina against ULL. Tied at 14 after the first quarter. Fortunately, I had FOUR INTS returned for TD in the 2nd quarter and 1 in the 3rd.

My secondary was able to pick off 9 INTs by the end of the game with a 66-14 route. Funny, because ULL dominated TOM and yardage!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:09 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Too many interceptions?

yet another INT thread...

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #44
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
yet another INT thread...
To join the unplayable, game killer, I give up threads. I must have got lucky and got one of the copies that plays fair.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:12 PM   #45
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

This will be locked, theres numerous threads on this. But throw to the open man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2007, 10:13 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 16

I didn't give up. The game is still somewhat playable. The INT issue is a major problem. 'Nuff said.

*edit*

Throwing to open receivers isn't going to change the fact that the User's DB's pick off all the CPU throws. It's not throwing INT's that's the problem...it's having your defense pick too many of them off which sucks. I make great throws and rarely throw an INT unless I deserve it. My DB's pick off everything that's thrown in the air. It's usually brought back to the endzone too.

Last edited by Acedeck; 07-29-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:14 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 15

Obviously, there is something to the interception thing this year, but there are SO MANY other threads about it. I rarely say a thread should be locked, but enough already.

For what it's worth, there is definitely a plethora of INTs in this edition (both by the the user team and the CPU if you aren't REALLY seeing the field) and no, it's not nearly close to being a gamekiller.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:18 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
To join the unplayable, game killer, I give up threads. I must have got lucky and got one of the copies that plays fair.
me too. like i've posted in other threads. I'm going into my 7th game of my dynasty and have 12 INTs as a team. Two INTs per game, not bad...

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »