Home

3rd downs

This is a discussion on 3rd downs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2007, 04:53 PM   #9
Rookie

frago's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 3rd downs

Seems sometimes the only way to stop a drive is to pick one off or get a fumble. Drives me nuts no matter if it is 3rd and 50 they will make it.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonsluv
is anyone else having a problem stopping the pass on third downs? The computer hits it every f'ing time with me.. don't matter how long the yardage is..
I had to bump the cpu (and my) passing accuracy down to 25 (from 50/default) to at least feel like I have a chance of stopping the pass....
Old 07-30-2007, 09:38 PM   #11
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I have been pretty successful, running a cover two man. Then I control the MLB and I cover the middle. So usually I have the two safeties taking deep halves, the CB's playing man, and the outside linebackers covering the TE's and Backs and then I prevent any crossing routes. I have a few picks with my MLB doing this. Hope this helps.
Bingo! I do the same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 10:23 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm not seeing it. What is the average 3rd down success rate?

I either go with a cover 2 when it's less than 10 yards, and a cover 3 when it's more than that.

I've recently felt that 3rd downs are pretty realistic. If its 3rd and 4, there are a lot of plays that should get you a 1st down.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:39 PM   #13
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't think it's unstoppable. It seems to me like they get a decent amount and the computer can put together some drives but at this point I don't see the CPU scoring tons of points on me so I have been stopping them. ANd I don't always stop them with int's.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:19 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

It really is a crap shoot on third downs, especially with weaker teams because of the new coverage ratings. What sucked in my first season was that half my defense could cover zone well but sucked at man to man and vice versa. So no matter what coverage I picked someone would blow the coverage or be unable to run with the receiver.

What's also killed me, is having to decrease defensive awareness to limit interceptions. So not only does my team bite on PA too easily, even when the other team is not running effectively, but it misses easy assignments and fails to make proper reads on the ball. Yes, I am playing as Navy so my team isn't going to dominate, but it happens too often and against equal or lesser teams
Old 07-30-2007, 11:59 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

You gotta blitz. Pressure the qb. That way he has less time to make a decision. Run zone blitzes and stuff and disguise coverages...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 01:27 AM   #16
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles805
You gotta blitz. Pressure the qb. That way he has less time to make a decision. Run zone blitzes and stuff and disguise coverages...
Yeah, I was having an awful time on third downs but blitzing really helps. Especially for those long third downs...the CPU will still complete the pass but it will normally only be for 6 yards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »