Home

NCAA 08 PS2 version better than Xbox 360 NCAA 08?

This is a discussion on NCAA 08 PS2 version better than Xbox 360 NCAA 08? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2007, 05:51 PM   #17
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NCAA 08 PS2 version better than Xbox 360 NCAA 08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
I agree. I think you guys are just sticking with what's most comfortable. You try the next gen game, feel lost, and immediately say the current gen is better. Something as simple as not being comfortable with the control scheme can cause this.
Yes, we call this Nextgenadaptationphobia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-31-2007, 10:20 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 5

I was very, very close to trading my 360 '08, buying an old XBOX and the old gen version...then I heard about the discipline problems (guys at Football Utopia reported that there are severe problems with the # of teams getting probation, scholly reductions, bowl bans, etc---including use teams), the kicking game prblems, the pursuit angles, etc etc.....and I decided it was time to just admit that the current gen days are just over.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:09 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pike
I was very, very close to trading my 360 '08, buying an old XBOX and the old gen version...then I heard about the discipline problems (guys at Football Utopia reported that there are severe problems with the # of teams getting probation, scholly reductions, bowl bans, etc---including use teams), the kicking game prblems, the pursuit angles, etc etc.....and I decided it was time to just admit that the current gen days are just over.
Why doesn't EA make the "old gen" game with the next gen graphics for ps3 and 360? I have played 360 and ps2, both as rentals, and ps2 is head an shoulders above on every aspect EXCEPT graphics.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

You might be right about the next gen phobia.... (lol!). Im not giving up on the Xbox 360 version. I will keep playing and see how it is
Old 08-01-2007, 01:01 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbillhp
Why doesn't EA make the "old gen" game with the next gen graphics for ps3 and 360? I have played 360 and ps2, both as rentals, and ps2 is head an shoulders above on every aspect EXCEPT graphics.
It isn't if it has a dynasty killing glitch like the discipline thing. In the tests they were running at Football Utopia, they had 40 teams on probation by year 3. After the first year, they had something like 5 teams on bowl suspension. To me, I just can't see playing a game with flaws that glaring. And once you get to the pursuit angle problem, well that did it for me. I'm curious though, since I haven't played the old gen......are you seeing those problems? Wouldn't be the first time something was just an isolated problem....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 05:24 PM   #22
Pro

Pike, im not seeing any of those issues but Ill keep playing to find out
Old 08-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #23
Pro

I don't know. I htink NCAA for the 360 is getting traded in for Madden. it just seems like there is so much more presentation and atmosphere with the PS2 version, that it just seems so much more enjoyable. The 360 version just seems so bare boned, but to each his own... I gotta enjoy current gen while I can!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 02:18 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
I don't know. I htink NCAA for the 360 is getting traded in for Madden. it just seems like there is so much more presentation and atmosphere with the PS2 version, that it just seems so much more enjoyable. The 360 version just seems so bare boned, but to each his own... I gotta enjoy current gen while I can!!!
I would be very interested to hear what you have to report, as its the only thing keeping me from picking up a old gen version......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »