Home

NCAA 08 PS2 version better than Xbox 360 NCAA 08?

This is a discussion on NCAA 08 PS2 version better than Xbox 360 NCAA 08? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
NCAA 08 PS2 version better than Xbox 360 NCAA 08?

I'm having more fun playing the PS2 version because the crowd is more lively. I have more than one camera angle because even in the default camera angle for the PS2 the camera willl zoom back so you can see all your receivers unlike the Xbox 360 title. That goes the same on defense so now I can cover the running backs out of the backfield. Also, the play is not as sluggish as it seems on the 360. Moreover, the Motivation system makes a lot more sense on the PS2 because it tells you who you are motivating but the 360 version tells you nothing. I don't know if anyone feels similar to the way I do but try it out if you want to cough up the dough and play the PS2 version of NCAA.

P.S. Draws still dont work on the PS2 version and sometime playaction doesn't work as well as it does on the 360 but overall the NCAA 08 seems better on the PS2/ Let me know what you think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA 08 PS2 version better than Xbox 360 NCAA 08?

I think...you should play whichever version you enjoy the most.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I've only played PS2 version for about an hour but no way can it hold a candle IMO to the 360 version.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-31-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

I played the 360 for a couple of hours and it's.. different. It would take me a while to really get used to it. I think that if I owned a 360, I might end up agreeing with you, just hopefully not.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:09 PM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The PS3 version takes some getting used to but I really like it right now. Despite a lot of missing features, one camera angle, etc. I measure the game on my addiction factor and right now I can't wait to play my next game. I won't say its better than the PS2 version because I loved playing the last couple of years and haven't played this years. Whatever version someone likes is the version they should be playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 12:26 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

I just wanted some idea as to how other's felt. All Im giving is my personal opinion. I will keep playing both the 360 and the PS2 version for the next couple of weeks to really get a handle on which I like better
Old 07-31-2007, 12:34 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
I just wanted some idea as to how other's felt. All Im giving is my personal opinion. I will keep playing both the 360 and the PS2 version for the next couple of weeks to really get a handle on which I like better
Also, I don't really understand what you mean about the camera won't pull back on the 360 to show all your WR's, it does for me. Just hold right trigger.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-31-2007, 02:25 PM   #8
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

I have the 360, PS3, and PS2 version and have played all 3 of them for about the same amount of time. As far as dynasty mode goes and for overall fun, I prefer the PS2 version. I just think the gameplay is more fun and the crowd reaction is much better. The 360 and PS3 versions seem sort of lifeless to me. Maybe I'm just not as used to them yet since I've been playing the PS2 version for 6 years now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »