Home

Running the football (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Running the football (PS3/360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How difficult is running the ball on default AA?
Too Easy 15 13.64%
Perfect or darn close 69 62.73%
Too Hard 26 23.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2007, 11:48 PM   #9
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Running the football (PS3/360)

I think running is pretty easy if you stay off the sprint button, follow your blockers, etc. I know that sounds obvious, but I mention it in the sense that I don't particularly like running the ball that way. It seems like all I'm doing is pointing the stick at lanes and linemen - something's missing.

In turn, running more like I like, i.e. with the sprint and trying to bust long ones all the time, it can get pretty damn tough. Too tough, in fact.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 08-01-2007 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:40 AM   #10
stewaat

OVR:

Default running game on AA is too easy in my opinion. Maybe I should give it another try though since I seem to be in the low percentage.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:41 AM   #11
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I'm on Heisman and the running is almost perfect.

The only 4 negatives to running are:

1. Option plays which are some what broken due to perfect pitches

2. Some of the gang tackle animations string together weird. Sometimes a defender will stop the ball carrier a yard or 2 short, but then some idiot comes in from behind and knocks everyone forward for the first down.

3. Not enough double team blocking on Isolations, tosses, and off tackle plays. The double teams on stretch plays are amazing, and the pulling OL are a thing of beauty.

4. Too few off tackle plays.

However, none of those things are remotely major. #2 is the only one that really bothers me on any level. I'd give the running game a 9.5/10
I hate #2 as well!!!!!!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 12:54 AM   #12
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I am loving the running game still. Sometimes I only get 60-70 yards then some games I feel unstoppable. I like that, every game seems different to me.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:58 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I am loving the running game still. Sometimes I only get 60-70 yards then some games I feel unstoppable. I like that, every game seems different to me.
Same here....It seems like every game I get different running stats but great backs do dominate bad defenses every time and average backs get stuffed by great D's. The beauty of the running game is that you'll always get different results if you pit a good RB against a good defense or a bad running back against a bad defense.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:08 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play on AA and also think it is just about right. I play as the Huskers. My center is Ok which means against premier teams I have to run to the outside. I also did a 2 tap in favor of me slider adjustment on run blocking. For years I ran the option so I am used to running the ball a lot.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:09 PM   #15
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Loving the running game, it feels jsut about right. Since I don't have dominant backs on my Crimson Tide, I have to play a whole lot more patiently, waiting for holes and not hitting the sprint until I am in the clear. However, against weak defenses I can run all day.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 10:23 PM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Loving the running game, it feels jsut about right. Since I don't have dominant backs on my Crimson Tide, I have to play a whole lot more patiently, waiting for holes and not hitting the sprint until I am in the clear. However, against weak defenses I can run all day.
I am playing with Bama and am currently 3-6. I did reschedule all the creampuffs and in addition to my SEC slate, I have a non conference schedule of California, Notre Dame, UCLA and Iowa. Coffee is my leading rusher through 9 games and is averaging 3.4 yards per carry. I've got run block at 65 too. I have the #119 rush offense in the league (my 49 sacks don't help). I really wish practice mode had random defenses since I need it. Either way I think I'm going to have to hit the practice mode some more because with no running game, 25 INTs through 9 games and 49 sacks taken, my offense needs serious work.

My theory is that my skills are great but that the PS3 version is just harder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »