Home

CPU Attempts Too Many Long FG's

This is a discussion on CPU Attempts Too Many Long FG's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2007, 07:58 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: CPU Attempts Too Many Long FG's

While there are definitely more wide left and right FG misses this year, the kickers still seem too accurate, and are certainly much more strong-legged as a whole than they should be.

The worst rated K in the game this year is Nate Parseghian (Miami, OH). His ratings are like 72 Kick Power and 66 Kick Accuracy (going by memory, so I might have those to reversed or off just a little, but he definitely has the combined lowest rating in these two categories). Anyway, I take him to practice and let the CPU kick FG's with him from ranges of 25-55 yards, with equal amounts of kicks from the left hash, right hash and middle of the field.

I started with the Power and Accuracy sliders at 50 and worked my way down in increments of 10. His FG% did decrease a little with each slider decrease, showing that the sliders definitely make a difference. However, even with both sliders lowered to 0, he was still kicking way over 50% ranging from 25 yards to 55 yards. Last season, in real life, this guy was 2-6 on FG attempts, and only 1-5 from 30+ yards away.

What this means is that, while the sliders do make a difference, the Kick Power rating just doesn't mean as much as it should, despite all the "ratings actually mean something this year" statements we've been fed. There are a couple of kickers in the game with a 90+ power rating. These should be the only guys that routinely try 50+ yarders, not guys with low 70's power ratings. I don't have a problem with a lower rated kicker trying for a FG on a last second play, where there's really not much of a choice, otherwise. But, these scrub kickers (who ARE rated seemingly accurately in the game by comparison to the really good kickers), should not be trying kicks out of their range when they don't absolutely have to.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:08 AM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I have cpu FG length at 15 and accuracy at 40. I see them miss all the time and their legs are fairly accurate in terms of distance.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

I'm actually seeing too many misses for my tastes on the PS3. In the 25-35 yard (FG length not field position) range, I've seen the CPU miss more than it's made so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I wish it attempted more. I wish is PUNTED more. WAY too many fake punts that are too predictable.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

lol, kansas state kicker hit a 58 yarder against me. i had to save that on my highlight reel even though it was a negative for me. lol
Old 08-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #14
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

The kicker from Missouri made a 56 yarder on me and my power slider for kicking is at a 15!!! i thought it was bogus but whatever
Old 08-03-2007, 12:57 PM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't like it when the CPU tries a 54 yarder and with adjusted FG length they don't have the leg to hit it. I'm not sure the cpu takes into consideration how long a kicker can kick if the sliders are adjusted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 01:01 PM   #16
stewaat

OVR:

Well I'm sure the CPU calls plays based on what you see from "Ask Corso". With that said Corso tries to get me to fake punt quite a bit and go for 55+ yd field goals all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »