Home

Are WE Causing the INTs?

This is a discussion on Are WE Causing the INTs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2007, 09:32 AM   #57
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Are WE Causing the INTs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricain
Or if you put the ball within 15 yards of a defender they will teleport/jet pack over and INT the ball even with their back turned away from the defender. Now tell me, which is more realistic....
I think you are exagerrating a tad. With knockdowns set to 0 for both sides the teleport/jet pack is very minimal. I did see it at default levels to a degree but it can be fixed.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #58
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I think you are exagerrating a tad. With knockdowns set to 0 for both sides the teleport/jet pack is very minimal. I did see it at default levels to a degree but it can be fixed.
I agree, I don't see this with my sliders.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:57 AM   #59
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

When I first started playing the game I threw INT's like crazy. After letting my QB taking the drop steps, reading the defense and throwing when the QB is set, I have seen my INT numbers drop like crazy. I can ever throw lobs w/ no problem.

The CPU doesn't seem to throw many INT's either. Some QB's slice and dice my defense. I wish I had the CPU INT problem in some of my games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-02-2007, 10:01 AM   #60
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I dont play on Heisman. Im still trying to find the perfect AA sliders, but Heisman is a no no.

Still for all the complaining you guys have to admit this games is nearly perfection. Ive never enjoyed the actaul gameplay of a game this much. Usually i sim through the season only playing the good teams, but i will play the cupcakes, just to flex my offensive and defensive muscle.
Yep, I've decided to just actually play on Heisman and quit my complaining. I'm going straight up default with special team sliders adjusted. I'm just going to alter my game to make Heisman playable.

Threw 0 pics against Navy in my one game on default Heisman beating them 38-13. I was stupid and gave up a 98 yard TD pass bringing the house. One broken tackle...see ya.

Basically if I see and LB underneath I'm not throwing there. I'm going to throw away a lot more balls now, which will make my pass % more realistic. I was at 65% with Jimmy Clausen and I went 14-29 last game.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #61
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I dont want to start a war but it seems to be we have two schools of thought.

1) The game is broken, DB's and LB's teleport everywhere and make ridiculous INT's (for HUm and CPU teams) thus jacking up the INT #'s

2) That none of us know how to play football and just jack it up on all 4 downs into double coverage.

I think its a combo of both.....but we have to remember, the CPU isnt studying game film and doesnt know tendencies coming into a game like real football players and teams do, thus the reaction time is faster (in video game) rather than good positioning (real life). Throwing 1-2 picks a game, while that isnt what you want, isnt unrealistic sometimes. All QB's have good and bad days.

Then to factor in the other school of thought, we have been conditioned to jetpacking WR's and the ability to throw on the run, across the field into double coverage and still come down with it, or at the worst, watch it get batted down due to super human DB's in the swat animation. This year requires alot of football knowledge, imo. Where is the pressure, what are your outlets, is it man or zone, is there a blitz, 3 or 5 step drop, whats the best matchup? You cant call go routes all day and just chuck, you have to work the whole field, the flats, the curls, the hooks in the middle, crossing routes, inside and outside runs, push it deep downt he field a few times.

WHile id like to see certain aspects change, i also feel much more rewarded when i go 20-31 for 276 and 2TD's. I feel like i amde smart reads and made the correct throws. You can try to squeeze a skinny post into cover 3, but like in real life, its going the other way 80% of the time. Watch some real NCAA or NFL games (past or present) and watch a QB force a throw late in the game, what happens, picked. Think USC - UCLA last year, in the 4th quarter, Booty forced it ( on a slant i believe) it got tipped and picked on a "superhuman" play. In all reality, it was good positioning and a poor throw, the video game just changes the good position to better reactions since the CPU doesnt study film.

Sorry for the rant, long post, whatever you want to call it. I think both viewpoints are partially correct, and if you take a students approach to the game, as ghey as that sounds, it ends up being rewarding......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #62
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I dont want to start a war but it seems to be we have two schools of thought.

1) The game is broken, DB's and LB's teleport everywhere and make ridiculous INT's (for HUm and CPU teams) thus jacking up the INT #'s

2) That none of us know how to play football and just jack it up on all 4 downs into double coverage.

I think its a combo of both.....but we have to remember, the CPU isnt studying game film and doesnt know tendencies coming into a game like real football players and teams do, thus the reaction time is faster (in video game) rather than good positioning (real life). Throwing 1-2 picks a game, while that isnt what you want, isnt unrealistic sometimes. All QB's have good and bad days.

Then to factor in the other school of thought, we have been conditioned to jetpacking WR's and the ability to throw on the run, across the field into double coverage and still come down with it, or at the worst, watch it get batted down due to super human DB's in the swat animation. This year requires alot of football knowledge, imo. Where is the pressure, what are your outlets, is it man or zone, is there a blitz, 3 or 5 step drop, whats the best matchup? You cant call go routes all day and just chuck, you have to work the whole field, the flats, the curls, the hooks in the middle, crossing routes, inside and outside runs, push it deep downt he field a few times.

WHile id like to see certain aspects change, i also feel much more rewarded when i go 20-31 for 276 and 2TD's. I feel like i amde smart reads and made the correct throws. You can try to squeeze a skinny post into cover 3, but like in real life, its going the other way 80% of the time. Watch some real NCAA or NFL games (past or present) and watch a QB force a throw late in the game, what happens, picked. Think USC - UCLA last year, in the 4th quarter, Booty forced it ( on a slant i believe) it got tipped and picked on a "superhuman" play. In all reality, it was good positioning and a poor throw, the video game just changes the good position to better reactions since the CPU doesnt study film.

Sorry for the rant, long post, whatever you want to call it. I think both viewpoints are partially correct, and if you take a students approach to the game, as ghey as that sounds, it ends up being rewarding......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-02-2007, 12:33 PM   #63
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

For humans I bet mostly all the INTs the computer gets on us is becuz we make bad decisions. Its basically if you dont see anyone open and a D-linemean is coming at you just throw the ball away and try to figure what happened and fix it. With the CPU throwing Ints...well what i do is if i am controlling a LB, CB, or DB is just knock the ball down instead of trying to catch it. But whats funny is that when i am trying to pick one off i cant. Just dont force and play smart
Old 08-02-2007, 11:16 PM   #64

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Im at the point where I may just run directly out of bounds when getting an int, atleast then I may have to earn some points instead of getting them gift wrapped for me. I really wish this wasnt such a big problem but it appears that it is and I have yet to see a way to stop it from happening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »