Home

One Thing I Love About This Game!

This is a discussion on One Thing I Love About This Game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
One Thing I Love About This Game!

One thing I love about this game is the defensive struggles. Nonexistent in years past, I have played severallow-scoriing, defensive games this year, including a 16-13 win. The highest score I had in year 1 in my Middle Tennessee State dynasty was a 35-13 win over a weak Sun Belt team (can't remember who). I also scored a 30-27 win, but oter than that, my games have been fairly defensive. Of course, I am playing with a weak Midd Tenn State team.

What do you all think? Have you all been seeing these kind of games often?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: One Thing I Love About This Game!

Yea Im playing as Ball State and in Year 1 I had a 20-7 win over Navy, and a 6-0 loss to IU.

I've also had quite the number of blow outs but unfortunately Ive been on the losing end!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards
Yea Im playing as Ball State and in Year 1 I had a 20-7 win over Navy, and a 6-0 loss to IU.

I've also had quite the number of blow outs but unfortunately Ive been on the losing end!!!!
Haha! Me too. I was blown out by Louisville an Miami.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
Pro

Rau71's Arena

OVR: 8

All my games have combined scoreswell over 50. I play as USC, and against Idaho my Defense scored 35 points alone. thats right 5 defensive TDs.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yea, I played USC last night in my second year with Cal. It was 7-0 USC at halftime. I hit a field goal in the third and scored the game tying TD with :20 left in the fourht to make it 10-10. I figured they were gonna run the clock out and go to OT, but I was mistaken. I picked a terrible pass defense and they scored the winning TD on a long pass to Hazelton! It sucked, but it was my fault Still a great game though. Oh yea, and there were ZERO turnovers in the game. Just great all around defense!

Edit: I really dis-like USC

Last edited by jrod1981; 08-01-2007 at 01:37 PM. Reason: because I hate usc!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

It's rare if I don't score 30 points in a game. I play as the Hurricanes. Usually at least 1 or 2 defensive td's and maybe a kick/punt return.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets3000
It's rare if I don't score 30 points in a game. I play as the Hurricanes. Usually at least 1 or 2 defensive td's and maybe a kick/punt return.
Yeah I also use The U and against bad teams I will score at least 40 points but against good teams I've had alot of close/lower scoring games(Just barely beat FSU last night 29-23). I like the fact that this year I dont blow out the elite teams because in years past even if i was playing the #2 team in the country I would beat them by at least 40 points.
Note: I'm playing on AA, default sliders
Old 08-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The game has more realistic results no question. On the PS2 the yards per catch and the large number of big plays in the passing game often led to inflated scoring. Converting 3rd and long is much harder now on the PS3 and results in more punts and defensive battles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »