Home

Passing on Heisman

This is a discussion on Passing on Heisman within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2007, 01:25 AM   #1
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

OVR: 2
Passing on Heisman

I know there are threads on this, but I am wondering specifically about Heisman. I can pass fine on AA and not throw picks. But on Heisman, there are only two or three plays in the entire playbook that I can use to get the ball to my WRs (I pass mainly to TE, HB, and FB) without it getting picked by the CPU. They pick it no matter what... if you throw to an open guy, they warp over and make the pick, so if you precision pass to prevent the pick, then nobody catches it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Passing on Heisman

I had the same problem, so I just went back to AA. I tried 2 games on Heisman, but I threw like 5 picks both games. Some were my fault, but some were good throws into man coverage, but the receivers don't go to the ball, so the corner jumps the route. Then when you try lobbing it a little higher, the corner all of a sudden becomes Vince Carter and picks if off. On AA, I throw 1-2 a game usually that are my fault.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:02 PM   #3
stewaat

OVR:

I think a lot of it has to do with EA dumbing down your WR's. User catching with wide outs can stop a lot of interceptions, but it is difficult to user catch.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:02 PM   #4
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets3000
I had the same problem, so I just went back to AA. I tried 2 games on Heisman, but I threw like 5 picks both games. Some were my fault, but some were good throws into man coverage, but the receivers don't go to the ball, so the corner jumps the route. Then when you try lobbing it a little higher, the corner all of a sudden becomes Vince Carter and picks if off. On AA, I throw 1-2 a game usually that are my fault.
Hmm not exactly encouraging. Does anyone here play on Heisman??? AA is too easy, I get bored
Old 08-03-2007, 12:03 PM   #5
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I think a lot of it has to do with EA dumbing down your WR's. User catching with wide outs can stop a lot of interceptions, but it is difficult to user catch.
Amen to that, when your WR is open, somehow the DB always makes a miracle effort to get to the ball, and the WR just stands there doing nothing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Try sliders... Default AA is too easy, but I have some great games with sliders.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #7
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

OVR: 5

Use Nevada's playbook with the Pistol offense. It has A LOT of out plays with WRs, TEs, and FBs. It's hard to throw a pick with an out play.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

I have 6 TDs and 3 INTs through 4 games on Heisman with Marshall. What I've noticed is that if your QB is not motivated it is very risky to throw passes when anyone is nearby. Once you complete a few and get him or your WR warmed up, the WRs will make more of an effort to go after the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »