Home

I just made a fool of FSU and took their recruit.

This is a discussion on I just made a fool of FSU and took their recruit. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2007, 04:08 PM   #9
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I just made a fool of FSU and took their recruit.

sucks that osu's two rivalry games are on the road this year - no boost there

i was going for the #1 recruit in the country - was in the lead with 3 weeks to go. he was from texas and texas was his #2 with a visit scheduled in week 12 or 13. i had his most and 2 VH's as well as 2 converted High's to Very High. with 2 weeks left i look at him and i'm now #2 to Texas who 1. he hadn't visited yet and 2. hadn't even offered him a scholarship yet. to make matters worse, proximity to home was Average for this guy.

so as expected, Texas locked him up by the end of the year
Old 08-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #10
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboospine1998
but I think the question is, can you steal him if he has your opponent ranked ahead of you, and you beat them head to head.
Yes. I was playing #1 USC at home and I was #4 on a kids list. He came into town and I crushed USC. To my surprise he committed after the week, I honestly thought I had no chance at him. It was an awesome feeling to steal him away from Michigan, at least I think it was Michigan. All I know is that I simmed to next season to see what the 5* athlete would be and he's a 6-5 WR who is an 86 overall with 96 speed and like 88 catch. I was just so curious I had to.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #11
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
5* athlete would be and he's a 6-5 WR who is an 86 overall with 96 speed and like 88 catch
I pity your opposition's DBs... Can you say Heisman???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #12
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by q_bert183
I pity your opposition's DBs... Can you say Heisman???
I can't wait for my first season to be over! It's going to be so much fun, it's like he's a Calvin Johnson clone.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #13
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

In NCAA every single season there is usually one extreme WR recruit who is like 6'6 and runs a 4.2 40. I can still remember last year when I had a 6'7 210 97 speed WR on one side, and a 6'4 99 speed WR on the other side. When I faced a team with a 5'8 corner I just threw to them practically every play.

That said I am after one of these uber recruits, a 4 * out of Florida. I currently lead but had him visit for a game I thought would be a cakewalk that I lost. Florida is #2 and I think by the end of the year thats where he ends up. I'm excited for my next game @ Iowa where one of the guys I led throughout his recruitment then spurned me after a visit is starting. A MLB named something like Jack Johnson or John Jackson out of New York. He was my #2 target all year long.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKrebsxX
So I was the 2nd school a 5* T (1st in the nation apparently) wanted to go to. His first school was FSU. Now I looked at the interest meter and FSU had him damn near at full so said, "**** it." I'll have him visit when I play FSU.

I beat FSU 31-21 and after the week was over, he committed to Miami.

FSU = Got made a fool out of. I'm now wondering if there is some sort of advantage of having recruits visit when you play a school in which his interest is higher and then beating said team.
Good thing Cane's fans have a video game to keep them from reality.

Go Noles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »