Home

Just did something I have never done in 7 years of NCAA

This is a discussion on Just did something I have never done in 7 years of NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Just did something I have never done in 7 years of NCAA

I just led the nation in tackles at the end of a season. In past years I would be lucky to have my leading tackler have 40-50 tackles and it would likley be a cornerback.

Daryl Sharpton just finished with 96 tackles, leading the nation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
Rookie

andy4theherd's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Just did something I have never done in 7 years of NCAA

what console?

what level?

how many min. quaterts?

and are you using adjusted sliders?
Old 08-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

In my second year, Sharpton was second with 92, I believe. He was an impact player too. Randy Phillips, Lavon Ponter and Randy Phillips were first team All-America too.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

Yeah, one thing I've liked about this game is the tackles are more realistic. In all my years of playing NCAA and Madden, I had one franchise season in Madden where I had two players with 100+ tackles (I don't know how either), but in every franchise/dynasty season other than that one, I'm lucky to have 50-65 tackles. , and it usually is my CB. Now, I'm getting my saftey's and LB's getting 7-10 tackles a game, with some players having really good game sand having 12-14 tackles. I'm not gonna lead the nation in tackles with any one of my players, but it's mos def more realistic. Makes me excited for madden, where I can actually have at least one LB get 100+ tackles like they should.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

what console? PS2

what level? Heisman (Fists sliders)

how many min. quaterts? 7

and are you using adjusted sliders? Fists
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

My stud LB did the same for the Aggies. AA level, Playmakers sliders, 7 min quarters. I also simmed 2 games against crappy teams so that probably helped a little.

It's nice to actually see realistic defensive stats for the season.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #7
Pro

lbartlett_32's Arena

OVR: 7

I just finished my first season and Lil' Animal for the Bucks had 117 tackles. He racked up 21 in the game versus that school up north.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:03 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Halfway through my SDSU season (best uni's in all of college football) Russel Allen has 77 tackles, he's averaging a shade over 12 a game.

Sidenote: In one of my older ncaa dynasties, 04 i believe, playing with OSU, mike doss (i think that's his name, OSU strong safety at the time, plays for the colts now?) ended my first season with almost 200 tackles (i don't remember the exact number but it was at least 180). Not only was he getting virtually every tackle on defense but he was also getting all of my special teams tackl on kickoff. I was scoring about 50 ppg so there goes 6 or so tackles right there. I remember i would look at end of game stats and he would have like 23 tackles and nobody else would have more than 4.

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »