Home

Recruiting Revealed. LONG

This is a discussion on Recruiting Revealed. LONG within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Recruiting Revealed. LONG

Very good post! I must be a recruiting God cause I usually never miss. I just started a new dynasty with FIU and in my second season I got 3 5* recruits and 9 4* recruits. Remember on your visits to only sell what your school is good at.F*** what they wanna do. Remember the goal is not to make them happy but to see what your school is good for. I used to do what they liked and i would get B's and C's now I do what my school is good at and I get A's. This is very important cause this will land you a top recruit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 17

I have a question... I am using OSU (big school with lots of Elite/Excellents) so do I just want to uncover the Most and VHs and continue pitching those? Is there any advantage of swaying him at all if I am excellent already at what he wants?

Also, does HARD SELLING him on his most that matches my Elite more then once per week do anything? Like what if I spent all 10 hours just continuing to hard sell the same point, does doing it more then once help? I see no reason to ever hard sell anything other then MOST if it is effective over and over.

thx for help.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:01 PM   #27
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
I have a question... I am using OSU (big school with lots of Elite/Excellents) so do I just want to uncover the Most and VHs and continue pitching those?
I vote yes to this. Basically all you need is two VHs and the Most (so that you can target those on the visit). Especially if you're Elite or Excellent at all three, there's nothing more to do. Hard Sell those until the cows come home.

Quote:
Also, does HARD SELLING him on his most that matches my Elite more then once per week do anything? Like what if I spent all 10 hours just continuing to hard sell the same point, does doing it more then once help? I see no reason to ever hard sell anything other then MOST if it is effective over and over.
The simple answer is to always maintain the huge grin. Even if their Most matches an Elite of yours, they can get bored with the topic and stop smiling if you pitch it over and over. But if you mix in other pitches (or even the inquiries) between Hard Sells, then it's pretty safe to Hard Sell the Elite-Most as many times as you want.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:55 PM   #28
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

When's the best time to offer a scholorship ?

Whats the best way to get a player intrested in you that your not in his top 8.

Has anyone seen any bust or gems ?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #29
Rookie

frago's Arena

OVR: 6

Havent found a best time to offer. I usually wait until I am top three to save wasted time.

I just had an awesome sign. As Iowa at 4 stars I took this 5* HB who was rated #1 overall and I was not even on his list pre season. Was tense all the way until the final week before he signed. Took him from Michigan Florida and Auburn were his top 3. I had all of his pitches uncovered and each and every one swayed by the end. It was all locks no more swaying and I was still only #3 behind Michigan and Auburn. I had him ranked 10 on my board so I moved him to #1 and that got me to number 2. Then I hard sold Most and all the very highs each week. Going into the last week I finally made it to number one and he signed. What a great feeling I was stoked lol. Im such a dork .

PS
He was red faced and angry every week he slammed the phone down at the end, but for some reason the next week was smiling again. Just worked him and blew his ear out. Those sways really piss em off for some reason.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #30
Pro

lbartlett_32's Arena

OVR: 7

Offer around week 3 or 4 with top recruits. That seems to be the computers theory. I just try to folloe suit with them. You don't want to have a recruit sign with someone else cause you forgot to offer them a scholly.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:53 PM   #31
Pro

lbartlett_32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
If I have recruited a guy during the year what week should I schedule the in home visit in the off season ? How about if I just started recruiting him ?
Depends on what their MOST is. Example; I us ethe Buckeyes and If a recruits top selling point is TV exposure I bring him to the game against the school up north. If he likes Academics I bring him during a bye week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 11:00 PM   #32
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
When's the best time to offer a scholorship ?
I've been offering them right away, and it hasn't seemed to make any difference one way or the other.

Quote:
Whats the best way to get a player intrested in you that your not in his top 8.
I landed the #2 overall recruit (CB, Delontaye Rambo, sportin' #5 - how friggin' sweet is that!) and I was never in his top 8. He signed on the spot when I made him a couple promises.

Quote:
Has anyone seen any bust or gems ?
I've posted about this before and a couple guys disagreed, but I'll say it again anyway: busts simply don't happen because players' OVR never goes down. Unless you consider a guy who came in as an 84 finishing as an 87 a 'bust', it's just not in the game.

As for gems, I haven't seen any personally, but I haven't played enough yet to rule it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »