Home

Recruiting Revealed. LONG

This is a discussion on Recruiting Revealed. LONG within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2007, 11:01 PM   #33
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Recruiting Revealed. LONG

I only got 1 recruit during my first season at A&M. Was really frustrated since Ohio State pulled in four 5* during the season.

During the off-season though I snagged 12 4* and one 5*. The 5* is my starting center this season with a rating of 84. Everyone else is either redshirted or 2nd/3rd on the depth chart.

I'm going to try these tips out though during the season and see if my luck changes.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:04 PM   #34
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
During the off-season though I snagged 12 4* and one 5*.
And you're complaining??? Dude, that's a PHAT class! You must be doing something right.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:08 PM   #35
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by frago
Havent found a best time to offer. I usually wait until I am top three to save wasted time.

I just had an awesome sign. As Iowa at 4 stars I took this 5* HB who was rated #1 overall and I was not even on his list pre season. Was tense all the way until the final week before he signed. Took him from Michigan Florida and Auburn were his top 3. I had all of his pitches uncovered and each and every one swayed by the end. It was all locks no more swaying and I was still only #3 behind Michigan and Auburn. I had him ranked 10 on my board so I moved him to #1 and that got me to number 2. Then I hard sold Most and all the very highs each week. Going into the last week I finally made it to number one and he signed. What a great feeling I was stoked lol. Im such a dork .

PS
He was red faced and angry every week he slammed the phone down at the end, but for some reason the next week was smiling again. Just worked him and blew his ear out. Those sways really piss em off for some reason.
Your system is jacked. All you need to do its Find the MOST and Very High and spam the crap out of them and switch back and forth when to get the smile.

Offer a scholarship when your #1 and you have a smile and you will land them.

All you need is to unlock those 3 and your set!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 11:19 PM   #36
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Your system is jacked. All you need to do its Find the MOST and Very High and spam the crap out of them and switch back and forth when to get the smile.

Offer a scholarship when your #1 and you have a smile and you will land them.

All you need is to unlock those 3 and your set!
Thats not all. If the prospect has something your elite in but he has very low for interest you want to sway him. You want to get him interested in things that your program is good in and sway him to not be interested in things your program isn't rated highly in. Thats how its supposed to be done.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:46 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

How long is everyone spending on the phone with each recruit? should you hang up after you have sold a pitch or a couple of pitches and they have big smiles on their faces, or is there a certain way to get off of phone? does it hurt any thing to offer scholarships early or right off the bat?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:15 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 14

Its really interesting to read this. But makes it even better is that for years I have been following some house rules so I cant just turn a one star team into a six star team overnight. These are my house rules to make recruiting challenging.

6* prestige: If your program is at 6* for prestige, there are no restrictions.

5* prestige: If your program is at 5* for prestige, there are no restrictions.

4* prestige: If your program is at 4* for prestige, you may only pursue 5* recruits who are from local states/territories, or from Pipeline States. There are no restrictions on 4* recruits.

3* Prestige: If your program is at 3* for prestige, you may only pursue 5* recruits if they are from your home state. You may only pursue 4* recruits who are from local states/territories, or from Pipeline states. There are no restrictions on 3* recruits.

2* Prestige: If your program is at 2* for prestige, you may not pursue 5* recruits. You may only pursue 4* recruits from local states/territories, or from Pipeline States, up to a maximum of three players. There are no restrictions on 3* recruits.

1* Prestige: If your program is at 1* for prestige, you may not pursue 5* or 4* recruits. You may only pursue 3* recruits who are from local states/territories, or from Pipeline States. If there are not enough local 3* recruits to fill the 12-player quota, you may pursue any 4* players from your home state, or from any Pipeline States, until the quota has been filled.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:26 AM   #39
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch
Thats not all. If the prospect has something your elite in but he has very low for interest you want to sway him. You want to get him interested in things that your program is good in and sway him to not be interested in things your program isn't rated highly in. Thats how its supposed to be done.
It doesnt matter, its whats important to the recruit. 2 VH's and a Most and you land them everytime.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:34 AM   #40
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
It doesnt matter, its whats important to the recruit. 2 VH's and a Most and you land them everytime.
What is false?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »