Home

Recruiting Revealed. LONG

This is a discussion on Recruiting Revealed. LONG within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting Revealed. LONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufox1810
Here's a question...

We all know that when a recruit hard commits to your school, the next week he will be at the bottom of your Recruiting Board.

Now let's say he commits to you, but you move him before the week is over. Will that help you with someone else further down the board? Or can you even move him? Sorry, I'm not at home, so I can't test this to see.

Example...

I have a DT who is #1 on my board. He has my school #1. I pitch a few things. He is happy. I offer a scholarship. He hard commits. I have another DT #2 on my board (let's just say I need DTs A LOT). He would much rather be #1. So I pitch him. He's happy, but he doesn't commit. He could be slightly upset that he's the #2 DT on my list. Would it help to move the hard commit to the bottom of the list before playing the game that week, so that the uncommitted guy is #1? Or will that have no effect on the guy that's #2 because he still sees another DT already committed anyway?

I hope that makes sense.
I do this everytime...As soon as a recruit commits I move them to the bottom of my recruiting board that week...So they other recruits that I'm still recruiting will be higher on my board...
Old 08-10-2007, 11:36 PM   #58
stewaat

OVR:

Is it possible to have TOO many guys come visit for a game?

I'm UNC and I'm going to bring about 15 guys in for my home finale against hated Duke.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:47 PM   #59
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't think so, you might shoot yourself if you lose that game though. But as long as you can win I don't think it matters how many people you bring in at a time.

If you don't mind, tell us how it goes so we can find out. See if it affects the grade they give you on how well the visit was.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #60
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch
I don't think so, you might shoot yourself if you lose that game though. But as long as you can win I don't think it matters how many people you bring in at a time.

If you don't mind, tell us how it goes so we can find out. See if it affects the grade they give you on how well the visit was.
I will do so. I'm only 5 games in so far. Hopefully they don't sign somewhere else by then!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #61
Rookie

sikivu's Arena

OVR: 2

I also had about 15 guys come in for a visit and I was wondering if the computer would make it so that I was spreading myself too thin. It didn't seem to matter though as the visit turned out to be an A- for most of them!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2007, 11:43 PM   #62
stewaat

OVR:

Well I moved up a couple guys for the South Carolina rivalry game. They were #25 in the country, key word is "were". I beat them 37-34 after being up 27-6 at one points. Goodness they came back like crazy. They threw a stupid pick at the end and I kicked the game winning FG.

Anyways I had that #1 recruit give me a soft verbal. Simmed through next week, which was a bye and he committed!

I had to just check out his rating for next year. I was a bit surprised when I saw he was an 89 at FS. Kinda funny because he was on the top of my teams ratings, I have a guard at an 88.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #63
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7

Wondered if anyone could explain a couple of general recruiting questions for me?

1) What exactly do the different background colors represent? I see green, red, gray...maybe others. I assume these colors represent different areas of the country but I'm not sure if that is all. Are pipeline states represented by a particular color? I coach Iowa and most interested players have green backgrounds so I assume this is Midwest, Great Plains or whatever region Iowa is assigned.

2) When you bring up a list of prospects some of them already have a mark of some sort in the far left column. What does that represent?

Thanks
Old 08-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #64
stewaat

OVR:

1) Green = interested
Red = targeted but not interested, or not high up enough on his list
Gray = not interested & not targeted

2) Green circle = they are interested
Red = you have targeted them
Check mark = they signed with you
"X" = they signed with someone else

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »