Home

Is there anyway to have the Campus Legend coaches not act completely stupid?

This is a discussion on Is there anyway to have the Campus Legend coaches not act completely stupid? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 30
Is there anyway to have the Campus Legend coaches not act completely stupid?

So I'm playing a Campus Legend as a speed back for SMU. Now, this essentially means I run every where, but only when I have the ball.

That is the problem. The coach won't give me the ball. I'm an 87 as a sophomore and the highest rated offensive player on the team. Yet, for some reason, the coach wants to put the ball in the hands of the QB who, for the year, has a 5-27 ratio of TDs-INTs, with my character having 3 of those TDs.

The worst example was a game against Tulsa. Now, Tulsa's defense not only sucks, but is incredibly slow. Because my character has 99 speed and agility, I break off three runs of 70 or longer in the first half. At the end of the half, I have roughly 10 carries for 270 yards and 3 TDs, and we're tied 21-21. I received 5 carries in the second half. 5!

It's hard enough with fumbles not being challengable, so I'm having 5-10 turnovers a game, but now I can't even get the ball. Any way to change any of this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Is there anyway to have the Campus Legend coaches not act completely stupid?

Go talk to the AD and try to get the coach fired lol
Old 08-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is there anyway to have the Campus Legend coaches not act completely stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHUGHES
Go talk to the AD and try to get the coach fired lol
This post wins. Seriously, there is nothing you can do.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Haha this is a great thread, kinda shows how far we've come in the gaming world when a user is complaining he wants his virtual coach to get him the ball more. Classic!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #5
Cy Young?

windseer90's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm a 94-overall rated speed HB in my sophomore year and I think I get the ball a little too much. I average 35-40 carries per game.

(603): not only are you not the girl i fell in love with, but from the looks of it, you ate her
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #6

OVR: 34

lol...

I too agree that the coach makes some dumb calls. Now, my legend is a QB, so sometimes the coach will call a play and it flops, and then the next call is the same exact play. It's like I run back to the line and say, "well that didn't work." But, the coach says, "RUN IT AGAIN!"
Old 08-05-2007, 11:37 PM   #7
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

For some reason, I think the coach is also always obsessed with running plays to the right. I could remember lining up as my RB and looking at the stacked to the right defense with this feeling of disappointment as in "this is the call on 3rd and 12, a toss to the right?"

That would be something else that bothered me, the playcalls would just stun me. I was a WR and in the High School Playoffs, I am down 14-0 with time running out in the third, and all the coach thinks we can do is just run the ball, wasting the entire third quarter and half of the 4th, all for a field goal.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:40 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
lol...

I too agree that the coach makes some dumb calls. Now, my legend is a QB, so sometimes the coach will call a play and it flops, and then the next call is the same exact play. It's like I run back to the line and say, "well that didn't work." But, the coach says, "RUN IT AGAIN!"
lmao, oh lord thats great...I experienced the same thing as a WR...stupid coaching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »