Home

Is lead pass broken or non existent?

This is a discussion on Is lead pass broken or non existent? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2007, 01:12 PM   #17
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is lead pass broken or non existent?

It works you just have to have good QB and wr. Try throwing to a tall receiver with good jump and spectacular catch. He is going to go get it,then try doing same thing with average receiver and you will see the difference. They key is having good receivers and quarterbacks with good throwing ratings. You cant have a bum in the game and expect him to throw like a high rated QB.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 08-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 30

If you want to lob, you have to let the computer do the dropback.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 17

"Wait till next year"
Old 08-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #20
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
It works you just have to have good QB and wr. Try throwing to a tall receiver with good jump and spectacular catch. He is going to go get it,then try doing same thing with average receiver and you will see the difference. They key is having good receivers and quarterbacks with good throwing ratings. You cant have a bum in the game and expect him to throw like a high rated QB.
Right on, QB accuracy plays a big part in leading the receiver. If your Qb isn't so great then you've really got have your feet set and even then the throw may be off.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

The passing is frustrating this year because i believe you can't put no touch on your passes. I have tried to lob over the defense and it is imposible to complete the d backs are too tough this year. I tried adjusting the passing sliders and the defense awareness. Bottom line this sucks this year!This is next gen football and you can't pass the way you what to. The Ps2 version you can ,this makes no sense at all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #22
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

The lob is there... Hit or miss... As in real life football the lob can in fact be over thrown from time to time. At times I can lob on the run with good results. I like to feel the defensive pressure myself. Is there a way to lead the reciever without using the cone
Old 08-06-2007, 08:59 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitkamp94
Right on, QB accuracy plays a big part in leading the receiver. If your Qb isn't so great then you've really got have your feet set and even then the throw may be off.
Very true. I had Juice Williams with Illinois and until his senior year when his THA got up in the 90s i couldn't lead passes well, but once his ratings got better i started picking teams apart.

There is a big difference between Mid 80s THA and 90s THA.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #24
Pro

kapo's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil77
The passing is frustrating this year because i believe you can't put no touch on your passes. I have tried to lob over the defense and it is imposible to complete the d backs are too tough this year. I tried adjusting the passing sliders and the defense awareness. Bottom line this sucks this year!This is next gen football and you can't pass the way you what to. The Ps2 version you can ,this makes no sense at all!
Well it's not ideal but it's there. I mean just try running and out route and press in the direction the receiver is running and you will see it. I've actually overthrown my receiver and the db by about 10 yards on a fly route once, it went so far past them it was ridiculous. I haven't been able to do that again though.

North Carolina TarheelsCarolina PanthersCarolina Hurricanes Charlotte Hornets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »