Home

Save Game Option?

This is a discussion on Save Game Option? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #1
Rookie

gern's Arena

OVR: 2
Save Game Option?

This has bothered me forever...why is there not a save game option in the NCAA Football series? It would seem only reasonable to put such a feature in so, if in fact, you have to stop a game, you save it, and resume the game at that point at a later time. So many other games have this feature but not this one? Does anyone have a reason? Was just curious. Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 08:42 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Save Game Option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gern
This has bothered me forever...why is there not a save game option in the NCAA Football series? It would seem only reasonable to put such a feature in so, if in fact, you have to stop a game, you save it, and resume the game at that point at a later time. So many other games have this feature but not this one? Does anyone have a reason? Was just curious. Thanks in advance
That and accelerated clock from Madden would be a no-brainer to add to ncaa ... unbelievable how EA can miss the obvious, but then be so thoughtful to give us crap like the new play calling screen or these horrible new menu's? Sure wish there was another real competitor to compete with EA's football games ....
Old 08-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Acc clock would do nothing for the NCAA game. In NFL/APF it runs the play clock to 20 seconds. When you pick your play in NCAA... it is 20. It would be a wasted feature.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Acc clock would do nothing for the NCAA game. In NFL/APF it runs the play clock to 20 seconds. When you pick your play in NCAA... it is 20. It would be a wasted feature.
I guess I missed that. So in ncaa it's always at 20 seconds after offense calls it's play?
Old 08-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I guess I missed that. So in ncaa it's always at 20 seconds after offense calls it's play?
Well... not always... but you're going to be below 20 when you get to the line because the play clock starts at 25.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It is disgraceful EA has no ingame save option. I lost a good Dynasty win over Wisconsin last week because of all the storming. I was up 17-7 with 1 min left and was hurrying up to get it done but then, bam, power out. If they had a save option I wouldn't have had to replay that dang game!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #7
Rookie

gern's Arena

OVR: 2

See...and that's exactly the type of situation I'm talking about. To me, it seems like such a no-brainer but I have to imagine there is a reason for its absence, be it programming problems, etc. For now, we can only wish. Here's to seeing it in next year's version.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
Pro

UNLV_1999's Arena

OVR: 7

I agree that in game saves should have been in long ago. I know the reason (or excuse) for NCAA on last gen was that there was too many teams and the save file would be too big (at least for PS2). That shouldn't be the case any longer.

My guess is that EA doesn't think this feature would create as much buzz as "campus stud" or some other feature that they can hype.

Florida Gators, MBA 2007
Football: 1996, 2006
Basketball: 2006, 2007

UNLV Runnin' Rebels, BS Business Administration 1999
Basketball: 1990

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »