Home

I'm done with this game.

This is a discussion on I'm done with this game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2007, 10:03 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: I'm done with this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I am not seeing the INT issue, But that's for the sole reason that I supersim when I am on defense. Kills several birds with one stone for me.

1. Get through games quicker, and deeper in to my dynasty
2. Get realistic defensive stats, and imo, recruiting and ratings of defensive players mean more.
3. I have never liked playing defense in EA games. Sometimes on defense feels like I am just along for the ride. APF/2k5 are the only games I have enjoyed playing defense in
So what supersim option do you use? "Sim next play", "sim to next posession"? I'm guessing since you said you get through games quicker that you don't use the "watch next play" option?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #58
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
So what supersim option do you use? "Sim next play", "sim to next posession"? I'm guessing since you said you get through games quicker that you don't use the "watch next play" option?
I use sim to next play. That way I can take control again when it's time for special teams plays. I also watch next play a few times through the game depending on the situation.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:38 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
I use sim to next play. That way I can take control again when it's time for special teams plays. I also watch next play a few times through the game depending on the situation.
Thanks I've been thinking about trying this. I've experimented with watching every play with the "watch next play" option after the CPU had thrown a few ints and didn't notice a difference. Of course by then the motivation/momentum was already in full force affecting the CPU QB. It's likely that if I supersim from the start I'd get better results as the CPU most likely would not have snowballing ints.

Plus I like the idea of not controlling the D. It's kind of like being the head coach and offensive coordinator while leaving the defense to you defensive coordinator. Plus as you said it puts a premium on recruiting well on D and speeds things up.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:44 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I am not seeing the INT issue, But that's for the sole reason that I supersim when I am on defense. Kills several birds with one stone for me.

1. Get through games quicker, and deeper in to my dynasty
2. Get realistic defensive stats, and imo, recruiting and ratings of defensive players mean more.
3. I have never liked playing defense in EA games. Sometimes on defense feels like I am just along for the ride. APF/2k5 are the only games I have enjoyed playing defense in
I supersim every other defensive possession. I've never really ever like playing defense.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #61
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Plus I like the idea of not controlling the D. It's kind of like being the head coach and offensive coordinator while leaving the defense to you defensive coordinator. Plus as you said it puts a premium on recruiting well on D and speeds things up.
This was exactly my thought process.

Started up my SDSU dynasty last night using this method.

I am now 0-2, and my mediocre defense is giving up aboub 400 yards per game, and i have a total of 1 defensive interception.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

i really hate this bull****. This is my favorite game franchise and they ruined it. Yes, the passing game was far too easy in previous versions, but this was not the way to go. The super-human teleporting route jumping DB's are ridiculous. Add in the fact that the inability to put touch on throws is making it impossible to throw the deep ball, and you have the recipe for the mess we have now.

-Crossing pattern over the middle with a Safety playing behind the receiver...... light speed route jump for an INT

Mid distance slant...... Linebacker jumps 45 inches in the air to bat it down (if you are lucky)

Deep ball into single coverage...... The DB stays in your WR's hip pocket the entire way, regardless of speed, and knocks away the laser pass you dont mean to throw

There is no way to avoid this. Ive been playing this series on Heisman difficulty for 6 years now, and I've spent about ten hours in practice mode just trying to complete passes (playing on AA) and i cant complete more than 50% of my passes or go a game without throwing at least 3 INT's. I really feel duped and I;m so ****ing pissed that EA has my $60. They don't deserve it. I never thought i would say this, but there is ZERO chance i buy this game at launch next year. I'm waiting a minimum of 3 weeks to make sure that everything is fixed before i even consider a rental
Old 08-14-2007, 07:54 PM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlef316
i really hate this bull*earmuffs*. This is my favorite game franchise and they ruined it. Yes, the passing game was far too easy in previous versions, but this was not the way to go. The super-human teleporting route jumping DB's are ridiculous. Add in the fact that the inability to put touch on throws is making it impossible to throw the deep ball, and you have the recipe for the mess we have now.

-Crossing pattern over the middle with a Safety playing behind the receiver...... light speed route jump for an INT

Mid distance slant...... Linebacker jumps 45 inches in the air to bat it down (if you are lucky)

Deep ball into single coverage...... The DB stays in your WR's hip pocket the entire way, regardless of speed, and knocks away the laser pass you dont mean to throw

There is no way to avoid this. Ive been playing this series on Heisman difficulty for 6 years now, and I've spent about ten hours in practice mode just trying to complete passes (playing on AA) and i cant complete more than 50% of my passes or go a game without throwing at least 3 INT's. I really feel duped and I;m so *earmuffs*ing pissed that EA has my $60. They don't deserve it. I never thought i would say this, but there is ZERO chance i buy this game at launch next year. I'm waiting a minimum of 3 weeks to make sure that everything is fixed before i even consider a rental
Don't know what to tell you. I just went 34 of 48 for 325 yards and 3 scores with 1 pick with SDSU vs. Arizona St. I am not really having the INT problem as a passer. I've seen the problem with too many picks thrown by the CPU, that complaint I get, but as a passer not really a problem for me.

Now, I also agree with the problem with touch. In my first game I threw 2 picks. One of them was on a route I wanted to loft, but I threw a bullet instead and the underneath coverage picked it off. I think the problems with touch passes is one of the biggest culprits for user frustration.

BTW, I am playing default AA sliders, with Knockdowns at 85 and INT's at 0. Not sure if that makes a difference. I do also throw a lot of underneath routes.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

you're really telling me that you havent seen AI DB's warping around/through your players to jump routes? If so, more power to ya. It happens to me 3 times a game, minimum. 90% of the time, its single coverage with a defender running behind my WR. Pass gets thrown, WR makes no play on the ball, DB warps in front of him for an easy pick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »