Home

I'm done with this game.

This is a discussion on I'm done with this game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2007, 02:44 AM   #1
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

OVR: 5
I'm done with this game.

The frustrating interception problem where the cpu Quarterback has a necessity of throwing at least 4 interceptions a game regardless of slider settings and difficulty is an after thought.

This game CHEATS to accomplish wins. It's unbelievable, a close game with OSU vs me, Miami, at the 'shoe. It's a close game and in the fourth with one minute remaining I'm down 13 to 16. I need a FG to go into overtime. So I do a basic out route with my star receiver and the ball is intercepted. I say to myself, "bull****, he was wide open and had two steps on the DB." I go to the instant replay, to which I've saved and my post up before trading it into Gamestop tomorrow, the ball literally went into my receiver's hands, disappeared, and then warped into the DB's hands, who was one to two steps behind the receiver. My friend was in the room and he said, "the football wanted to be a boomerang on you." Unbelievable is all I can say.

Damn me for believing EA Sports, a publisher notorious for putting sub-par games out that is lucky due to name recognition, could come up with a good sports game. At least I can get $20 bucks at a Gamestop.

I will bide my time and wait for GTA: IV, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry 4, and Resident Evil 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 03:04 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: I'm done with this game.

although i'm not done with the game yet... Try 3rd and long at the 30 yard line in front of the opponents goal... Try dropping back and seeing your man Wide open for a big gain... then try throwing the ball only to see yourself turn completely around and throw the ball the towards the OPPONENTS goal!!! now... you know thats a fumble right so of course they pick the ball up and run into the endzone.... Listen he turnes 180 degrees and chucks the ball like he's still throwing forward... terrible glitch
Old 08-12-2007, 03:05 AM   #3
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Darn those buckeyes!! Always using their late PI, late flag on hit out of bounds, and "boomerang" INT to steal games!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-12-2007, 03:27 AM   #4
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Cool, now save yourself the trouble and please don't buy another damn EA game again.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:30 AM   #5
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Cool, now save yourself the trouble and please don't buy another damn EA game again.
Although I agree, I don't think many of us will be able to hold off since they have everything on lock down. So we must hope they don't get their licenses renewed and someone else can make a good game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 03:34 AM   #6
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Although I agree, I don't think many of us will be able to hold off since they have everything on lock down. So we must hope they don't get their licenses renewed and someone else can make a good game...
That's the problem; because EA has everything locked down, lets have a scenario where they do not get the license renewed. It will take at least 2-3 years for another game company to come out with something decent and rival Madden/NCAA like ESPN NFL 2K5 rivaled Madden. Hell, I just hope someone will even take a stab at an NCAA game unlike before. College has a better atmosphere than the NFL.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:08 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKrebsxX
That's the problem; because EA has everything locked down, lets have a scenario where they do not get the license renewed. It will take at least 2-3 years for another game company to come out with something decent and rival Madden/NCAA like ESPN NFL 2K5 rivaled Madden. Hell, I just hope someone will even take a stab at an NCAA game unlike before. College has a better atmosphere than the NFL.
Doesn't EA have the College Football license too? I am pretty sure they have it.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:40 AM   #8
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Doesn't EA have the College Football license too? I am pretty sure they have it.
Yeah, I remember hearing that they did. I think they even have the arena license also.

APF (which I haven't gotten to play yet) seems to be a step in the right direction. I hear you can create legends, so I guess you can always play with former greats and that should hold people over for now. I am buying Madden for the first time in 3 years this year. So we'll how bad it actually is, even though with all the glitches, this years NCAA impressed me.

But that's probably because I had such low expectations

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »