Home

Unbeliveable 2 star recruit!

This is a discussion on Unbeliveable 2 star recruit! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 01:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Unbeliveable 2 star recruit!

I was in my 1st season recruiting as 1 star SMU. I recruited a 2 star RB names Chris McDonald. He was 6'0 212 pounds and ran a 4.2 40.

I made him my #1 priority and ended up getting him!

He came in rated a modest 70 overall but had 97 speed, 60 str, 90 agi, 87 acc, 60 BTK, 86, trk, 80 Stiff arm, 85 spin, and 67 catch.

He was 3rd on the depth chart and managed to get into the 4th quarter against FCS Southeast. He took his 1st run 82 yards and never looked back. He was promoted to #1 RB and ended up the season with over 2000 yards rushing and 22 TDs. He was an AA and won the Walker trophy!

He is now in his 2nd season and is rated a 74. He is the 3rd highest rated RB on the team behind a 78 RS SR and a 84 rated Texas transfer. Doesnt matter, he is 1st on the the depth charts.

I play every game on AA with adjusted sliders that give normal results usually. In his 2nd game of the year, he had 39 car, 408 yards, 5 TD, 2 rec, 38 yards against rival TCU at their house! A huge upset over #25 ranked TCU 44-30. I was starting to think that I needed to adjust my sliders, so I played the game over and started my 84 rated RB and ended up with 25 car, 110 yards, 2 TD in a huge loss.

Chris is unreal. He has great speed and he never goes down after contact. It is almost unfair. On a sweep he will run over the FS and then out run the SS for a score.

I would imagine he will end up rated im the mid to low 80s by his Sr year and I will not get the chance to see him play in the NFL on Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 01:31 AM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Unbeliveable 2 star recruit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg
I was in my 1st season recruiting as 1 star SMU. I recruited a 2 star RB names Chris McDonald. He was 6'0 212 pounds and ran a 4.2 40.

I made him my #1 priority and ended up getting him!

He came in rated a modest 70 overall but had 97 speed, 60 str, 90 agi, 87 acc, 60 BTK, 86, trk, 80 Stiff arm, 85 spin, and 67 catch.

He was 3rd on the depth chart and managed to get into the 4th quarter against FCS Southeast. He took his 1st run 82 yards and never looked back. He was promoted to #1 RB and ended up the season with over 2000 yards rushing and 22 TDs. He was an AA and won the Walker trophy!

He is now in his 2nd season and is rated a 74. He is the 3rd highest rated RB on the team behind a 78 RS SR and a 84 rated Texas transfer. Doesnt matter, he is 1st on the the depth charts.

I play every game on AA with adjusted sliders that give normal results usually. In his 2nd game of the year, he had 39 car, 408 yards, 5 TD, 2 rec, 38 yards against rival TCU at their house! A huge upset over #25 ranked TCU 44-30. I was starting to think that I needed to adjust my sliders, so I played the game over and started my 84 rated RB and ended up with 25 car, 110 yards, 2 TD in a huge loss.

Chris is unreal. He has great speed and he never goes down after contact. It is almost unfair. On a sweep he will run over the FS and then out run the SS for a score.

I would imagine he will end up rated im the mid to low 80s by his Sr year and I will not get the chance to see him play in the NFL on Madden.
I have a feeling that there are quite a few of those "Diamonds in the Rough", but people aren't looking at the individual ratings close enough to find them.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:44 AM   #3
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I have a feeling that there are quite a few of those "Diamonds in the Rough", but people aren't looking at the individual ratings close enough to find them.
EXACTLY!!!!!

This is truly the beauty of the game this year. It is NOT about stocking up on 4*, 5* guys - some of these 2 & 3 star guys outplay the other ones simply because of all those new ratings that have been added.

A 5* CB with "C" coverage skills vs the 3* guy with solid "B" coverage skills....who do you recruit? Did I mention that the 5* has a "B" in tackling but a "D" in play recognition while the other guy has a "B+" in play recognition and a "C" in tackling. That same 5* guy has a "A-" in speed while the 3* has only a "B"......it is between those two............who do you recruit? The 5* who doesnt realize what play is going on until it is too late, thus having to use that speed ot run down the guy after a big gain?..........or the 3* who may be able to cover guys "just well enough" that they don't throw his way even though he does not have great top speed?

This is why the game is fun this year. Probably also the reason so many guys are having difficulty with sliders. These tiny ratings mean A LOT!!! You need to build a certain type of team - and recruit guys who fit your system. I usually bash EA, but they did very well with this.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:51 AM   #4
Rookie

Here is another example of how impressive he is.

I was playing Tuland and C Mc was injured on the 1st series. He was out of the game until midway through the 3rd Q.

Pierce (84 rated transfer) carried the ball 36 times for 134 yards and a TD.

C Mc rushed 19 times for 140 yards and 2 TD's. with a long of 69 yards.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:05 AM   #5
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

Tuland is tough in this game too

Speed RB's are almost unfair in this game because of stretch, sweeps and option plays. Brandon Saine is way better than Chris Wells in every Ohio State Dynasty I've played so far this year because of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 02:06 AM   #6
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Do these ratings really have more of an impact/effect that the overall rating? And if so, do they have the same amount of impact/effect when you simulate a game as opposed to personally playing w/ that player?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-13-2007, 02:18 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
Do these ratings really have more of an impact/effect that the overall rating? And if so, do they have the same amount of impact/effect when you simulate a game as opposed to personally playing w/ that player?
In a lot of these games I will only play the 1st half and then get a big lead and super sim the rest so yes, his stats stand up even in the sims
Old 08-13-2007, 02:37 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
Tuland is tough in this game too
When you are playing as 1 Star SMU, everyone is tough

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »