Home

*OFFICIAL* NCAA 09 Wishlist (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL* NCAA 09 Wishlist (360/PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #49
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA 09 Wishlist 360/PS3

Small one but I need to get it down on screen before I forget it...

On the statistical overlays (and THANK GOD one of the new sports games is using them)... Please indicate the split of the stats that are appearing.... THIS SEASON - CAREER - LAST YEAR - LAST GAME... tell us what we're looking at so we don't assume. Also, please always put the player's class with their name.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 10-16-2007, 12:44 PM   #50
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: NCAA 09 Wishlist 360/PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Small one but I need to get it down on screen before I forget it...

On the statistical overlays (and THANK GOD one of the new sports games is using them)... Please indicate the split of the stats that are appearing.... THIS SEASON - CAREER - LAST YEAR - LAST GAME... tell us what we're looking at so we don't assume. Also, please always put the player's class with their name.
How about more stats period. It would be nice to be shown a graphic as to how your players (and the cpu) are doing without going to the stats menu. Even a subtle thing like CBS does where after every carry, pass or catch there is a little graphic that updates the player's game stats.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #51
Rookie

allconsoles's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: *OFFICIAL* NCAA 09 Wishlist (360/PS3)

ability to sub by formation i.e kickoff coverage and punt block to maximize speed stadium entrances
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2007, 10:31 PM   #52
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

I'd like to echo some of the changes already suggested. The following are the most important to me.

-fix the depth chart issues
-get rid of jump the snap!!! or just give us the option to turn it off
-increased roster size
-fix CPU QB logic
-fix the turnover issue (CPU throws 5-7 INTs per game, MLB picks off too many of mine with super jumps)
-need a fumble slider
-PR/KR ratings so it isn't always the star skill players back there
-more depth chart slots at some positions (I use 6 CBs, 9 WRs, 6 DTs)
-too many teams that never run the option still have option plays in the book
-custom playbooks
-when there is an injury, there should be notification regardless of whether I skip the cutscene. Usually, I hit the button to skip the post-play cutscene and always miss when one of my players gets hurt.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:49 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkdawg
-when there is an injury, there should be notification regardless of whether I skip the cutscene. Usually, I hit the button to skip the post-play cutscene and always miss when one of my players gets hurt.
Good point. I do the same thing. Pressing the button should skip the post-play cutscene only up until they show the injury. So in other words pressing a button goes right to the injury notification or something.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:14 PM   #54
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

I absolutely agree on almost all acounts thus far.

Formation subs are absolutely necessary.

We need to begin incorporating inertia. Too often I'm able to hitstick a 230 lb runningback down with a 180 lb corner.

Stop labeling players as LOLB or RE. As mentioned before, players routinely flip depending on the offensive set before them, though some schools DO use LOLB or whichever. I think it's easier to have players listed as strong side or weak side rather than trying to flip linebackers or coverages each time. Also, many teams have players who only play in the SLOT (on offense or defense). That doesn't mean they're the 3rd CB or 3rd reciever. This is their spot. WVU for instance uses Darius Reynaud and Brandon Hogan exclusively out of the slot.

ABSOLUTELY let us edit a players class if you won't expand the roster. For purists such as myself it's so hard to work on rosters when you don't have enough players you can use.

Might want to do something with kicking. Maybe make the arrow move back and forth and we have to stop it or something. Kicking is entirely too easy in this series as well as Madden.

Maybe not so much of a penalty for moving players to different positions. Granted moving a defensive tackle to play corner won't work, but why exactly can't a smaller athletic tightend with good hands play receiver without a terrible hit to his ratings?

They added this great recruiting sytem that's basically just a bunch of pretty options with limited functionality. Alot of times I'll just try to find the players with the fastest 40 times and that's about it. How about be able to sort between corners who tend to play man better or zone? I tend to play a lot of zone stuff and too often I recruit players who're better at man when I hardly ever use it.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:26 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

In reference to the "Year of the Upset" thing, I don't think it will be over done in next year's edition, but I think it's pretty obvious that unless they put in some of the 1-AA (FCS) teams, they will have dropped the ball, so to speak. So I'm sure that will be a big feature. Getting realistic stadiums for them would be cool too, even if they just did a few.

Things I'd like to see
- Random play option in practice mode
- Expanded and more unique offensive playbooks
- Create-A-School

I think all of these will probably be in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2007, 03:55 PM   #56
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

The menu's performance needs to be fine tuned. I have grown to really like the layout of the franchise menus like the standings etc. A lot of great info and simple right clicks to get more detail. But they are MOLASSES slow on my Xbox 360. Sometimes it takes 2-3 seconds for a screen to come up. That quickly discourages me from checking out the stats and stories from around the nation....which is a shame as it is one of the cool parts of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »