Home

Best Game I've Ever Played

This is a discussion on Best Game I've Ever Played within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3
Best Game I've Ever Played

So I awoke at 4am this morning and could not go back to sleep for the life of me, decided to pop in NCAA 08 and continue my dynasty.

Week 11 saw my 6-4 unranked Texas Tech Red Raiders facing off against their biggest rivals, the 8-2 #14 ranked Texas A&M Aggies in College Station, TX.

Aggies won the toss and Michael Goodson shredded up my defense for 40 or so yards on the first drive, but the D held once in the red zone; 3-0 Aggies. I take the kickoff back for an 89 yard score (1st Kickoff return TD in this dynasty) and it's 7-3 Tech.

Then the wheels fall off. Goodson busts a 34 yard scamper breaking 3 tackles. Then I go 3 and out. I guess run on a playaction pass and get burned for a 74 yard TD. 17-7 A&M. First half ends with a long 15 play drive by the Aggies and I'm down 20-7 at the half.

2nd half I start putting it together offensively with short passes and manage a field goal. 20-10. Then another killer playaction pass by McGee and it's 27-10 early in the 3rd and looking like a route.

All the sudden my defense comes to life. A pick 6 by my all american CB and it's a 10 point game. Another huge stop on 3rd and 4 at the 49 yard line and I get the ball back and drive down for a field goal. 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. My D gets another stop with about 3:05 to go. Harrell picks apart A&M's defense for 1st down after 1st down and throws a beautiful bullet pass in traffic for the tying TD with 0:50 remaining. The Aggies aren't done by a longshot though as they march right down the field and score with 24 seconds to go on a nice pass over the middle. 34-27 A&M.

My ball at the 29 yard line, CPU is showing blitz and I have a great play called for it, I hit my halfback in the flat who trucks the linebacker in front of him and scampers 71 yards for the tying score! 34-34 with 10 seconds left. A&M gets 2 plays off but nothing doing and we are headed to OT.

6 OT periods, 2 field goals, 1 touchdown, 1 missed field goal, 1 forced fumble on a triple option and 1 pick six later I win 53-47.

By far the best game I have played/witnessed in 4 years of NCAA football.

2078 greatness score, #1 classic game.

What's everyone else's greatest game thusfar?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
Rookie

jayo's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Best Game I've Ever Played

WOW! 2078. That's pretty good. I think my greatest game is right around 1000 so far. Tulsa vs USC in my first game, in my first dynasty. I was Tulsa, I scheduled tougher opponents to boost my prestige quicker. USC was winning the entire game, up by a TD in the 4th with minutes left, they're running the ball to run out the clock...BOOM...fumble. I march down the field and score the tying TD with seconds left.

We go to OT, they get the ball first, first play is like a 20 yard pass putting them inside my 10. Then 3 straight stuffs and they're forced to kick a fg...NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND...I blocked the FG. So I get the ball, first play, post route to the endzone...TD...and that's the game folks. It was great, had my heart racing.

In a related note, my best game ever was against a friend of mine UM vs tOSU, he was winning, being a prick and throwing bombs at the end of the game, last play of the game I intercept the pass and have 60 yards and his whole team in front of me, I break a tackle and burn *** up the field, right as he is about to push me out of bounds, I do some miraculous pitch to some guy I didn't even see who runs in untouched and I win by 1 point. Best. Game. Ever. That was on 07 tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »