Home

CPU INT House Rule

This is a discussion on CPU INT House Rule within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 03:15 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: CPU INT House Rule

When your DB teleports to the ball and jumps 50 inches off the ground, then I do not think it is a legit INT. If the QB throws it into traffic and someone picks it off, that's another story.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:24 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32

It is official. EA needs to patch this game.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:27 PM   #11
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
It is official. EA needs to patch this game.
LOL. Indeed. If you have house rules for returning INTs, something needs to be done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #12
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
I just deal with the interception problem for what it is. I can't see myself running backwards after getting interceptions. I'm sure other people will do this, but I just can't. And we all know that if you get a "cheap" interception in the 4th qtr of that close conference championship game you are going to run it back if possible.
I think this is a legitimate point, no doubt. What I have in mind is not about, ya know, sabotaging your team. I'm just talking about those instances where a CPU interception literally ruins what was a classic game until that point, where it just doesn't feel right.

The example off the top of my head was in a game I played just yesterday. I'm #6 Ohio State @ #1 USC. If anything, the result I'm looking for is for me to lose this game, hopefully in close and dramatic fashion. Instead, my friggin' linebacker - yes, the same one - gets three ints in the first half. It's that kind of stuff I don't want to see.

More than anything, I suppose, is that I want to avoid that 5th or 6th pick in a game that's either really good, or I'm already winning. I mean, if it's 48-6, I just literally don't want my fourth INT. Likewise if it's 20-19 late in a great game, I'd just as soon take the ball at my 38 or the 50 or something, score a legit way, opposed to taking it to the house and closing the deal (oh, and probably recover a fumble on the ensuing kickoff to boot because of the momentum shift).

Again, it's just a thing where if you wanted to do this you could, and it wouldn't detract from the experience. It would just be more like a stat glitch.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 08-13-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
LOL. Indeed. If you have house rules for returning INTs, something needs to be done.

I know we want to get the most out of this game but EA needs to own up to this major flaw. I heard EA was developing a patch for Madden. EA have to develop a patch for NCAA. This game is too close for a flaw like this to happen.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #14
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
LOL ... well I certainly don't disagree there!
Old 08-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 31

Wow kickin' it like 1992. House rules on video games....isn't progress great?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 03:39 PM   #16
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Welp... I try and play a realistic game as possible meaning in real life football no team in their right mind is going to delibrately run a int backwards period. I really enjoy NCAA 08' and face it guys there is a "legit" reason here for a "patch" and that being the tremendous amount of ints. IMHO we all have came to the same conclusion and with that being said sliders are not the cure all for the int problem here. Maybe we all should focus on player attributes more...Late last night I was looking at things like CB/LB motivation, route running, man cover, zone cover, jumping, injuries and press rating. A few ratings I found to be eye openers. These are areas of the game that remain untouched and maybe should be considered. Guys who's sliders I have depended and trusted for years here can't solve these int issuses, reduce them somewhat yes. I'm no bigtime post slinging slider or roster maker just a gamer insearch of better gameplay. Has anyone else tried looking under the roster rock for clues

Last edited by RedmanR; 08-13-2007 at 03:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »