Home

Lobbing and Leading Passes

This is a discussion on Lobbing and Leading Passes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 09:20 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Lobbing and Leading Passes

I'll have to give this a shot. I have been able to place the ball around and lob but not consistently. That's why i never understood why people said it was impossible. I knew there had to be a way beacuse sometimes i'm doing it. This would explain a lot.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-15-2007, 10:22 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Wow! I played my last dynasty game on default All-American with both knockdown sliders at 0.

I only made the throws for the QB and we beat Hawaii 69-14. They turned the ball over 8 times to our 1 but ya know...

The key thing was my passing stat line. Combined between my 1st and 2nd team QBs...

Comp-Att-TD.....16-20-3
Passing Yards.....273
Intercepted........0

Old 08-16-2007, 08:17 AM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'm glad its working for you Nolefan. I didn't get a chance to play a dynasty game last night since I got my ebay copy of APF but I'm going to take my new skills into a dynasty game today and see if I can get any better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Being a good passer in this game is easy but being a great passer is an acquired talent. What people have said about stepping into a pass is (IMO) the most important thing you can do in the passing game if you want consistency. Leading passes is something that you must practice as well. It takes excellent timing (as it should)...but when you pull it off, you can run a 10 yard slant pattern into an 80 yard touchdown...it's a thing of beauty!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:41 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm glad its working for you Nolefan. I didn't get a chance to play a dynasty game last night since I got my ebay copy of APF but I'm going to take my new skills into a dynasty game today and see if I can get any better.
Well, my joy was false it seems. I won the Hawaii game 69-14 and jumped on Nevada 21-0 early in the 1st of the next game. I checked the difficulty only to find out that it was somehow set to Freshman. I started the Nevada game over and lost 45-20 throwing 3 picks. I had 3 picks in the last game of the season against NMSU before quitting and going back to Madden.

No matter what I do I'm just not good at being a QB. I never have been. So, until they give us coach moders auto-throw, coach mode or hell, even WR Control, I'm pretty much done with NCAA.

It was fun while it lasted and I KNOW your tips will help others. I just don't have the patience for being a Uber-QB.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:12 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm pretty sure they have auto-throw. Just hike the ball and then let the QB go without pushing any buttons or moving the sticks. Is that what you're looking for?
Old 08-16-2007, 09:17 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

It's not on the 360. Trust, I was very disappointed on 17 July 07.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I for one was glad auto-throw was disabled. I prefer the CPU to move around for me in the pocket but NOT throw the ball. Now without having to worry the CPU will throw some silly pass for me I can do that.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »