Home

You Have To Be Kidding Me

This is a discussion on You Have To Be Kidding Me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2007, 08:42 PM   #17
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: You Have To Be Kidding Me

I hate people like NJSkillz. These people are the ones that go, "YES! My fifth inteception, I RULE!"

We have a problem with the cpu throwing ints, not humans throwing ints.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:30 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKrebsxX
I hate people like NJSkillz. These people are the ones that go, "YES! My fifth inteception, I RULE!"

We have a problem with the cpu throwing ints, not humans throwing ints.
No, njskillz does not beat up on the CPU and come to a message board and brag about it. njskillz tests his skills against real people. Hence, your hatred is misguided. You should be hating yourself for sitting alone in a room playing against the helpless CPU, then coming to a message board and whining about it.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:59 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
"You have to be kidding me" Let me get this straight. You have a bunch of guys playing against the CPU and whining about having to adjust sliders, etc. just to get the CPU to play like a human, yet, you guys won't play against each other???? Priceless.
hahaha, man that is what i've been saying, it is just so much irony isn't it?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-16-2007, 10:19 PM   #20
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
"You have to be kidding me" Let me get this straight. You have a bunch of guys playing against the CPU and whining about having to adjust sliders, etc. just to get the CPU to play like a human, yet, you guys won't play against each other???? Priceless.
Very flawed argument there. There are many reasons as to why people would rather play vs the cpu than a human. I'll give you a list of the most popular:

-For the most part, the cpu doesn't cheese it up

-Dynasty

-CPU is always avaliable, i.e. I don't have to email and constantly hound the cpu to get a game going after adding them to my friends list and finally being on at the same time as it.

-CPU doesn't pres pause and leave the screen there

-CPU won't quit on me just because I'm kicking it's butt

-I have no desire to flex my e-peen against another human opponent who's testing his "skills" at the video game.

-No lag, no disconnects

-I'm antisocial, and I don't like meeting new random people in the online lobbies.

-It's my game and I can cry if I want to

I do however, see where you're coming from.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 08-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #21
Pro

I haven't tried this in this year's version (going to try it in my next dynasty game) but something that I used to do was switch the difficulty level in game. Whenever the CPU was on offense I bumped the difficulty up to Heisman. Whenever I was on offense I lowered the difficulty to All Pro. It gave me the best balance between realistic gameplay. The pause to stop and change the difficulty level previously took less than 5 seconds because the menus were pretty quick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 10:41 PM   #22
Pro

I just wanted to mentioned that I just tried what I mentioned in the post above and had a really great game. Got excellent and smart play out of the CPU offense and no bull**** out of the computer defense. Lost the game 37-30.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:39 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

With my sliders the other team doesn't throw INT's. Just me with the teleporting players.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:58 PM   #24
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

OVR: 5

We've all complain about the superman DBs making unbelievably unrealistic plays yet we, the human, have adjusted. We're more careful throwing the ball and when and where to throw it; however, the cpu cannot do this. I will admit that the DBs on the user controlled team do some pretty godly plays like the DBs on the computer controlled teams. But like I said, we have the ability to adjust while the computer cannot. I believe this is why we see a lot of cpu thrown interceptions in addition to the overdone motivation gimmick in NCAA series. The real culprit is the DB aggressiveness. You can see the DB aggressiveness in work during simple curl routes. The receiver runs forward and then turns around which if in man coverage, should have the DB to his back and in good position to make a catch; however, the DB, due to aggressiveness, jumps right in front of the WR and makes the interception. Now tie this in with the receivers who are not aggressive at all, which in real life they are, they are content waiting for the ball to come to them instead of going for it and making a play.

bah, waiting for any change or patch is stupid; this is EA people. They are extremely lazy and incompetent. Don't hold your breath; you'll die.

Last edited by XxKrebsxX; 08-19-2007 at 12:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »