Home

Help with Recruiting

This is a discussion on Help with Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Help with Recruiting

When you are recruiting, and you have a guy with lets say "most" for fan base, and your team is elite in fan base. Do you have to go back every week and pitching him on this? I use a lot of my time pitching guys that they are already very high on. I'm wondering if I don't have to use this ,and can use that time on swaying other areas, or even talking to more recruits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Help with Recruiting

If it's a guy I really want, I go in every week and Hard pitch that guy. I figure it can't hurt and sometimes it only takes 5 minutes of recruiting time.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Do you hard pitch every category that he has listed as very high, or just the one that says "most"?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:12 PM   #4
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I usually only hard pitch one category per week, that way I don't waste too much time on any single player. If he's a "must have" then I guess if you pitch him twice that would be ok. You have to be careful though. If you spend too much time on your target, even on subjects they like, you'll end up turning him off a bit. The main this is that the football face has a big smile on it.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Im doing pretty good with Recruiting.
Im using FIU and I cracked the top 50 recruiting classes last year.
Brought in three 4 Stars.

What I do is unlock (hard pitch)the things that my team is good at first.
Because if it just so happens that the recruit is high on everything you are good at, you are already in good.
If he isnt high on everything your team is good in, sway his lows to match your highs.

I never hard pitch a locked topic. Unless I want to make the recruit happier to continue talking.

If I have to find other things, (which I usually do), I unlock (find pitch) the topics my team isnt so strong in.
And I sway the recruit to match my lows.

Right now, I have a couple 5 star recruits and a bunch of 4 stars that are very close to coming to FIU. Even though the majority of my recruiting class is gonna be 3star with a small amount of 2star. Getting 4 and 5 stars to come to FIU is good.
Im pretty sure after they visit me week 14. I will be #1 on their list.

What team are you using?
Its easier to recruit with bigger schools.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 01:20 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat

Because if it just so happens that the recruit is high on everything you are good at, you are already in good.
If he isnt high on everything your team is good in, sway his lows to match your highs.

I never hard pitch a locked topic. Unless I want to make the recruit happier to continue talking.

If I have to find other things, (which I usually do), I unlock (find pitch) the topics my team isnt so strong in.

Right now, I have a couple 5 star recruits and a bunch of 4 stars that are very close to coming to FIU. Even though the majority of my recruiting class is gonna be 3star with a small amount of 2star. Getting 4 and 5 stars to come to FIU is good.

What team are you using?
That is exactly how I recruit. During year 2 I signed a 4-star SS with my 1-star Utah State team. Now, starting as a true freshman, David Hines leads the team in tackles. Last week (in dynasty weeks) I picked up that 3-star QB I've been going after all season.

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-16-2007 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat

What team are you using?
I'm using Notre Dame. How many players would be considered good for in season recruiting? I'm #1 for about 5 guys right now, all 5* guys. Some of them have already visited. When do they usually committ? I Just finished my 5th game of the season last night.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #8
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by House
I'm using Notre Dame. How many players would be considered good for in season recruiting? I'm #1 for about 5 guys right now, all 5* guys. Some of them have already visited. When do they usually committ? I Just finished my 5th game of the season last night.
I usually start getting guys from about week 11 or so onwards. Maybe one or two before hand, but that is kind of rare. I would advise against early season visits, as most of the time they aren't ready to make a pick, and say you lead for a guy, he visits in week 4 for your big game against Michigan. After your victory, he leaves and thinks things over but is not ready to commit. Then, his #2 school Texas has him visit late in the year for A&M. You led all the way for his recruitment, yet he signs with Texas even though they were a distant second. Usually it seems that wow factor after a visit wears off on guys who visit real early, at least for me. I just lost my top 3 OL targets this way, and for all of them I was comfortably in the drivers seat, and it isn't like I am Florida Atlantic, I am Ohio State, the defending national champions in this game. So my advice, have them visit week 8-9 at the earliest, and keep on them after their visit. That has worked pretty well for me in the past. In terms of how many guys is good for in-season, I have signed 3 in season before and I have signed 12. I ended up signing many more for the first case and a couple for the second, it really did not matter. I would at least like to be in the lead though if I do not have a lot of guys signed going into the offseason however.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »