Home

How The Hell Do You Stop CPU Pass Rush?

This is a discussion on How The Hell Do You Stop CPU Pass Rush? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2007, 10:50 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: How The Hell Do You Stop CPU Pass Rush?

Yep. You can furiously click your RS but once your QB is in within 2 inches of the DE, nothing you do will work. Once your in the sack animation, forget about throwing it away. Never seen my QB throw it away and then get contact. Needs to be in EA, .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 12:36 PM   #26
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Jump the snap should be out of the game.
Agreed. I hated JTS last year, I hate it even more this year.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

the blocking isnt the problem for me, maybe its bc i play with UT.

my PAs work fine and i dont get an ubsurd amount of sacks, but it should be reduced, why did they get rid of the feature where u can choose which direction ur oline blocks, this is my 1st year in next gen and the amount of sacks in both madden and ncaa football have increased from current gen to next gen(current gen had the feature in 07)
Old 08-19-2007, 05:50 PM   #28
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhorns2007
the blocking isnt the problem for me, maybe its bc i play with UT.

my PAs work fine and i dont get an ubsurd amount of sacks, but it should be reduced, why did they get rid of the feature where u can choose which direction ur oline blocks, this is my 1st year in next gen and the amount of sacks in both madden and ncaa football have increased from current gen to next gen(current gen had the feature in 07)

slide protection would not help this game just has a bad oline AI that at times rears it ugly head especially against blitz happy teams but i have learned that PA passes work only if the running game has been effective, and used at the right time 2nd and two yes 3rd and 25 no.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7

As it should... It shouldn't work on 3rd and 25, but I have never even got it to work on 3rd and 6. 2nd and 4, I'll gain 4 yards if I throw it to my fullback. If I wait for a TE or a WR to get open, I'm sacked.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:30 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Try mixing in screen passes, throw alot of shorter passes and most importantly don't get into any 3rd and long plays.
I'm not sure what system your playing on, maybe you mentioned it earlier in this thread, but shifting your offense line also works. (Shifting your offense line also works on running plays to the side yoru going to run to.)

I'm on the PS2 and I rarely get sacked, but I do alot of short passes. Almost every time you do a play action pass make sure you shift the line to the left(if it's a righty QB) or to the right if it's a lefty QB.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:06 PM   #31
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.jason
I'm on the PS2 and I rarely get sacked, but I do alot of short passes.
I think that most of us with the problems are on next gen systems.

The O-Line is just not very bright on the next gen. I watch the replays often when I get sacked, and see some very shakey stuff. Like when an olineman chooses to pickup a blitzing free safety instead of the d-lineman right in front of him. Other times they just let the d-lineman go in untouched, and just stand there doing nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 11:52 PM   #32
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I think that most of us with the problems are on next gen systems.

The O-Line is just not very bright on the next gen. I watch the replays often when I get sacked, and see some very shakey stuff. Like when an olineman chooses to pickup a blitzing free safety instead of the d-lineman right in front of him. Other times they just let the d-lineman go in untouched, and just stand there doing nothing.

exactly.....my guys will just put up their hands in the blocking animation but not pick anyone up...so frustrating because I throw so much and vs every good team I have played it feels like I'm running for my life 3/4ths of the game....even when i audible my RB into blocking instead of running a route often he won't even attempt to pick up the blitz unless the blitzer runs right into him

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »