Home

How The Hell Do You Stop CPU Pass Rush?

This is a discussion on How The Hell Do You Stop CPU Pass Rush? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2007, 10:02 PM   #41
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How The Hell Do You Stop CPU Pass Rush?

You mean I can shift my Oline All this time I've playing and not paying attention OMG!!! I should take my seat on the short bus with tinted windows

Last edited by RedmanR; 08-21-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 03:16 AM   #42
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

I used to have this problem with sacks. This is what I do.

1) You must fake snap due to the jump the snap BS
2) If you just let the computer do the QB dropback, the line will often get pushed back and they defense will get you, so I let the computer drop me back then take it back just a little bit more, BUT not too far back or you won't have a pocket. Its important to be in the pocket if you have a slow QB (I play with J Claussen of ND but I don't get sacked more than 2 times a game now).
3) If you have a mobile QB, run from the rush using the speed burst, but stop very briefly before you make your throw to keep accuracy.
4) You must run the ball occasionally. Draws and screens also keep them honest. I use play action as well, but if you see them coming you need to have a quick outlet, like a tight end or back. Don't use play action if it is an obvious pass down (duh).
5) If you get pass happy in this years game expect a lot of sacks, and stupid INTs.
This has been working for me. I also have gotten good at seeing the rush, running from it with the speed burst, and throwing it away if I have to, but this takes playing a lot, and practice. You almost have to have good peripheral vision to see "out of the corner of your eye" that they are coming.

Oh, lastly start by boosting your pass block (at least 75) until you get better. You can always lower it back down to 50 or whatever when you get better at the game.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:20 AM   #43
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

I agree with the other poster as well. Hot route some blocks for your backs or send them out on short routes as well. Look for signs of blitzing and hot route to the vacated area (sometimes the cheesy computer will have superhuman ability to get to that spot though and intercept which p*sses me off so bad).
Old 08-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 17

If you learn to read the LBs you will learn to LOVE THE BLITZ and your TE will find his way into an all american position. Simply watch the LBs post snap and throw to the TE or someone else who will be wide open early due to the blitz. Also learn how to throw the ball away. I too still get sacked a lot but it is all my doing and holding the ball way too damn long. In real football 4 seconds is a LOOOOOOONG time... too long. However, I hold the ball back there longer then that far too often.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:05 AM   #45
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Capone, which system are you on. I ask because I didn't think you could shift the oline on next gen.
you can't

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #46
Rookie

Quack1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
It doesn't help that the animations suck you into a sack. That pisses me off greatly.

You are so RIGHT.

I can't stand it...I know I don't have alot of time, I'm making my reads, I can see the DL closing in. I hit the button to make the throw when the defender is CLEARLY a step or two away from my QB but noooooooooo it's a sack.

I swear, I yell at my TV at least 4 times a game, "I hit the button!! There's not way I don't get the pass off in time there!! I HIT THE BUTTON!!!!"

Very frustrating, the passing game is challenging enough without having to throw the ball before the D gets within three steps of your QB.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #47
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

I just wish I was able to slide protection now and then. It would've been nice if it was added to the audible menu. We should've had this feature available since it is incorperated into college and professional football. As for the beloved hot route block assign... Last night I was Wis. vs Minn. and I called a TE blk. since he was already in formation at LOS I figured he'd block the blitzer... Instead I snap the ball the TE stands completely up and takes a few steps backwards creating a gap for the DE to blast thru uncontested resulting in QB Tyler Donavan being posterized and fumbling the ball away... The gameplay was sweet until I replayed the play and was like holy crap
Old 08-22-2007, 06:40 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 4

yeah my QB was the top sacked in my first dynasty season

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »