Home

How The Hell Do You Stop CPU Pass Rush?

This is a discussion on How The Hell Do You Stop CPU Pass Rush? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
How The Hell Do You Stop CPU Pass Rush?

They seem pretty unstoppable to me. I've given up 9 sacks already in a game I'm playing. I don't even have time to throw the ball away because they tackle me once after two steps back.

And my O-line is very good, everyone is over an 89.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #2
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How The Hell Do You Stop CPU Pass Rush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets3000
They seem pretty unstoppable to me. I've given up 9 sacks already in a game I'm playing. I don't even have time to throw the ball away because they tackle me once after two steps back.

And my O-line is very good, everyone is over an 89.
Happens to me too. I give up at least 4 sacks a game. Sometimes it's absurd because I'll run the ball say four times in a row and gain 4-7 yards every rush; however, when I go for the play action the defense doesn't fall for it. Matter of fact, they tackle my QB before he can complete the fake pass off.

I just learn to live with it and having my QBs being the most sacked in the NCAA.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't do PA very often. EA football games are notorious for having ****ty PA plays. If I do a PA, I know exactly where I'm going with the ball, and If that guy isn't open I'm bailing on the play. To stop the pass rush try using plays where your running back stays in to block. Or what I do is use a QB with some afterburners and do a lot of roll outs.

If you do a typical 3-5 step drop you aren't going to have much success. It's more like you need to do a 10 yard drop. Or a roll out.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Same pain guys... It's like the CPU bull rushes alot and your at there mercy. I try to hot route mainly my FB or TE to block. Sometimes I escape and get my pass off, sometimes I'm left eating turf. IMO it's hard getting pressure on the CPU QB. I can get sacked four times vs once for the CPU I probably need to up my pass blocking but I don't want a very high pass percentage.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:47 PM   #5
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

What routes are your WR running?

PA plays work great for me. I also run some shotgun with 4 WR and I hot route all 4 of them. Quick routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 05:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Basically You just need to to take a quick glance at their linebackers. If you see them coming forward, you know it's a blitz and you better unload to your TE over the middle. If they drop back, then your next check should be on the ends. If a guy is coming on a blitz from the right, then run to the left. If all is clear then go ahead and take your time for the best receiving optioin. Of course this is easier said than done, and it takes a long time to get used to.
At some point though, the speed of the game will slow down for you, and you will not get sacked all the time.

To sack the computer, you just need to do blitzes from all over. Don't only just blitz your line backers. Blitz safties, CB's. OLB's. Every now and then blitz all of them.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:08 PM   #7
Rookie

I don't have a problem sacking the QB. My sophomore DE has 12 in 9 games and I have a DT with 10.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:14 PM   #8
Rookie

I guess that part was more for Redman

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »