Home

Why are counters borderline impossible?

This is a discussion on Why are counters borderline impossible? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Why are counters borderline impossible?

everytime i do a counter the DT just busts thru the line (and no, they dont jump the snap either)

wtf
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 04:44 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Why are counters borderline impossible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure
everytime i do a counter the DT just busts thru the line (and no, they dont jump the snap either)

wtf
They certainly don't work all the time, but I have but I have busted some long runs off of counter plays. Typically in a game where my run game is going pretty well and I'm taking advantage of the defenses weaker side of their line (running numerous dives to one side), then I change it up with a counter to the opposite side.

Just like using run game to set up a play-action pass. One works better if the other is already successful. Some teams you play may just have too good of a d-line to pull off a counter with your guard pulling (just like in the real world).
Old 08-24-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Dunno, they work fine for me. I have to start slow and get behind the pulling guard, then get up field.

Not something I run all the time, usually after going strong side quite a bit, then throw in the counter.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:45 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

oh yeah I've busted long runs off of counters too...but its either works really good, or the DT just busts thru so fast he tackles the Qb before the handoff wtf
Old 08-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I have problems with the dline in general in this game. I have had running plays where my qb was tackled before he could hand the ball off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 07:43 PM   #6
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I have problems with the dline in general in this game. I have had running plays where my qb was tackled before he could hand the ball off.
I hate when this happens this jump the snap is crap!!!!!! if the cpu must use it at least highlight the person that may jump the snap it is always to dt in the hole that i called the play to or the de on the side that i call the option to, have you ever seen a backside dlinemen jump the snap??? never the cpu cheats bottom line jump the snap is total crap!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
They certainly don't work all the time, but I have but I have busted some long runs off of counter plays. Typically in a game where my run game is going pretty well and I'm taking advantage of the defenses weaker side of their line (running numerous dives to one side), then I change it up with a counter to the opposite side.

Just like using run game to set up a play-action pass. One works better if the other is already successful. Some teams you play may just have too good of a d-line to pull off a counter with your guard pulling (just like in the real world).

I also work counters like you run to one side a lot then hit other side with counter. I cannot run out of the shot gun with draws. Every time I do this defense is in backfield right as I take handoff. Frustrating when playing with a team that runs out of spread.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:17 PM   #8
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

I do fine on counters with UNT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »