Home

Why did they even put challenges into the game?

This is a discussion on Why did they even put challenges into the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2007, 10:18 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Why did they even put challenges into the game?

I've never really had a time when I was mad that I couldn't challenge. Usually the computer does it for me. I did win a challenge last night that was great. I was Purdue against Indiana and they were down by 10. The threw a little slant route into the endzone and the tight end fell down and reached back and caught the ball. Something didn't look right so I challenged and they ruled that the ball bounced before he caught it. They settled for 3, I got the ball, and ran out the clock.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #18
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

I hate the whole challenge idea in video games. The computer has to be told to miss the call so that it can be used, which is just stupid IMO. If you can have perfect officiating then use it.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #19
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
I hate the whole challenge idea in video games. The computer has to be told to miss the call so that it can be used, which is just stupid IMO. If you can have perfect officiating then use it.
My opinion too. Although I'm a bit different when it comes to baseball games because I don't like to have an umpire to have the same strikezones all the time.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 08-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #20
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Fellows I believe it depends on what conference you are playing in regarding replays.
Some conferences have coaches challenges and some review replays when the official in the booth thinks they need to. I am playing as Michigan and I have had no problems challenging a play. But when I played my last season in another conference I noticed I could not challenge plays the cpu auto challenged them.
Believe it or not I think EA actually got this correct, you can not challenge a play in every conference.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:16 PM   #21
stewaat

OVR:

The challenge system is definitely messed up this year. I've had incomplete passes challenged, been overturned, and ruled incomplete passes. The receiver dropped the ball on the initial play and I've seen this 3 times.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 12:28 AM   #22
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
I agree. While some hard core sim folks here will disagree with me, there are just some things that happen in the real game that I don't need my video game. During time outs, I don't need a two minute animation with kids running on the field with water bottles. I don't need refs throwing flags and then picking them up saying "No Infraction". And I don't need the challenges.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:01 AM   #23
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I agree. While some hard core sim folks here will disagree with me, there are just some things that happen in the real game that I don't need my video game. During time outs, I don't need a two minute animation with kids running on the field with water bottles. I don't need refs throwing flags and then picking them up saying "No Infraction". And I don't need the challenges.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a computer - how does it make a "Visual" error calling a play? It simply (a) slows down the game, and (b) makes it even more frustrating because it does not work!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »