Home

How do you increase your team prestige at each level?

This is a discussion on How do you increase your team prestige at each level? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2007, 10:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How do you increase your team prestige at each level?

I was wondering I've been playing NCAA for 6 or 7 years and I've always wondered what exactly you have to do to increase your team prestige at each level. I figured some people here have at least a general idea. For instance I was thinking maybe it would work something like this:

1* to 2* - Have winning record
2* to 3* - Win bowl game or win 8 games
3* to 4* - Finish in top 25
4* to 5* - Win conference / Finish top 20
5* to 6* - finish top 10

Now I know that probably isn't right, but I just wanted to give an example of what exactly I was asking... As I mentioned before in another thread I'm starting my 1* to 6* dynasty, so if anyone had this figured out it would be great because then I would know what I need to do each year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How do you increase your team prestige at each level?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's tied in only to the number of wins you have at the end of the season.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:21 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

i got to 6* with middle tennessee state with my highest rank only being #21, and that was after a bowl game win. took 5 season. 9-4, 9-4, 10-3, 10-3, and the last year 11-2. after first year i moved to the MAC. each year gained 1*. won all five bowl games i went to. won sun belt the first year and the MAC the last 2 years.

right now i'm playing with rice(2* at start) went 7-6 first season and went to 3*. 2nd season went 8-5 and didn't improve * rating. i'm now 7-3 in 3rd season.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:23 PM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I believe it goes up every year that you win 10 games. Not sure on the criteria for it to go down because normally in a dynasty if you win 10, you dont have bad seasons afterwards.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:31 PM   #5
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Of course it's tied to wins, but more important, I think, are the rankings. You probably need to finish in the top 10 or 15 to maintain 6 stars; top 20 or 25 to maintain 5 stars; top 35 or 40 to maintain 4 stars, etc. down the line, and vice versa to move up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2007, 02:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I believe it goes up every year that you win 10 games. Not sure on the criteria for it to go down because normally in a dynasty if you win 10, you dont have bad seasons afterwards.
Idk about that because in my first year with Ark St. I went 7-6 and won my bowl game and moved up to 2*
Old 08-31-2007, 03:16 PM   #7
Rookie

it always seemed to me that it was tied to bowl wins and conference championships. i noticed that when i wouldn't win the conference i wouldn't always get a bump
Old 08-31-2007, 03:56 PM   #8

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelz0376
Idk about that because in my first year with Ark St. I went 7-6 and won my bowl game and moved up to 2*

O ok...Well I have never played with a 1 star school so the criteria must be tiered in some way like the original poster suggested.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »