Home

I'm through....

This is a discussion on I'm through.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2007, 12:03 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I'm through....

I don't know. My faith was restored as of late with the game. I'm in my 6th dynasty year and my Utah State team is now a 3*. I have thus far played the first 2 games of my season. We blew out FCS Southeast 45-7. I tossed 5 touchdown passes and no interceptions. I was able to hit the deep ball for atleast 3 of those touchdowns. Then, I went to Death Valley and lost to #1 ranked LSU 24-17. I threw 4 interceptions in that game trying to beat LSU deep when they are MUCH better than FCS Southeast.

Jistic for your slider suggestions.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:41 PM   #50
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolitaTyroneJenkins
It's a video game, doesn't anyone understand that?
WHAT?

Holy snap!

I feel REALLY stupid now, LTJ!

All that time I thought I was controlling the REAL Darren McFadden. Dang. I was soooo silly and feel really embarassed now.

Come on dude. That "It's a video game" argument is about as bad as the "a coach has never thrown an interception or missed a tackle" argument used by some to make excuses when their favorite coach makes mistakes.

YES. We know it is a video game. Sheez.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 16

I am also going after the 1 to 6 - in my case with Temple - and I absolurely love this game.

I am in my fourth season, and have played every game. I guess I am more accepting of the turnovers because I am playing as Temple, and they are horrible in real life.

I have reached that point in the game where all of the players on my team are guys I recruited. We struggled in the MAC to 6-6 for two seasons in a row, and then broke through and won the MAC East and the MAC Championship and a bowl win over Arkansas State. I then got the invite to the ACC (I know - it's preposterous, but I love this game), and now I am trying to push Temple above 4 star status. I love my schedule this year - away games at VT, Miami, Maryland and Wake. It will be a miracle if I go 6-6, but, my offense has been really productive these past two seasons.

As you can see, I am really immersed in this game. If I were playing as Michigan or USC and dominating it might be a different story, but this game has the same type of fun challenge (playing as a 1 star) as in College Hoops when you start with a small school in closed legacy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2007, 11:04 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
As you can see, I am really immersed in this game. If I were playing as Michigan or USC and dominating it might be a different story, but this game has the same type of fun challenge (playing as a 1 star) as in College Hoops when you start with a small school in closed legacy.
You hit the nail on the head. Playing this game controlling one of the top 25 teams gets old real quick, just not challenging enough (unless your just looking to score a bunch of points and win every game).

The challenge of playing with weaker teams is the only thing that keeps me playing this game. Usually after I get 4-6 seasons into a dynasty with a weak school, several of the typical top 25 teams have fallen on hard times, so that's when I take a position with a bigger school and attempt to get them back to the top.

By the time I do that I usually trade ncaa in for madden and use the draft classes there. Have'nt heard much good about madden this year tho, so it might just be an ncaa year?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #53
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

The INT's are really starting to wear on me.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:39 AM   #54

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbzilla558
I hear you, after turning the ball over 5 straight times as Florida State against Maryland Im about ready to give up on this game. Cant get touch on passes when I want, LB's run with their back to the pass and suddenly turn and pick it off thanks to no touch, fumbles that cant be stopped, the feeling that certain games are scripted is starting to come around again. Maybe its just me but there have been a bunch of games where there seems to be some rubberband logic, the moment I get ahead in some games by 2 TD's the CPU cant be stopped, and it doesnt matter what plays I call because they are going to score no matter what. Maybe Im outgrowing video games, considering I only play sports and NCAA is turning into garbage quickly and Madden wasnt that great either Im nearly out of options.

EDIT- Almost forgot, Drew Weatherford is absolute garbage on this game, cant escape the pocket to save his life and for some reason seems to overthrow open receivers on a constant basis. I would bench him but Xavier Lee is even worse in regards to throwing the ball, its strange that I had much more success with any QB when I was playing as Oregon but as Florida State I cant wait for my QB's to leave so I can get a fresh start.

Last edited by The Chef; 09-16-2007 at 01:43 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:00 AM   #55
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbzilla558
Yep. That is why I slowly and finally walked away from it on 360 and went back to the regular XBOX version. Sad. Thanks to some Best Buy RZ points that were close to expiration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #56
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
EDIT- Almost forgot, Drew Weatherford is absolute garbage on this game....

Hmm, maybe NCAA isn't that unrealistic then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »