Home

So other than me and Jistic....

This is a discussion on So other than me and Jistic.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2007, 08:35 AM   #25
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: So other than me and Jistic....

I'm still playing it as much as I can but that's not as often as most guys. I haven't played the Show since I got it and I always look forward to playing my next game, especially since I can't always play a game every day. I still love the game despite the cpu int's.

To keep it fresh though I think I'm going to change my playbook. I played an exhibition game with Cal and Tennessee the other day and had a blast. I usually throw most of my passes to my TE since I'm lousy at hitting my WRs but DeSean Jackson caught 8 balls for 171 yards and 4 TDs in a great game. I was down 35-31 in the 4th but pulled it out. I kind of liked Cal's playbook.

Sometimes I'll just play exhibition games due to the fact my kids might be waking up from a nap soon and I can only squeeze in 1/2 an hour if that. I really hope EA puts in game saves back in the game as its tough to allocate over an hour for a game with getting interrupted for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2007, 09:00 AM   #26
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm still playing it as much as I can but that's not as often as most guys. I haven't played the Show since I got it and I always look forward to playing my next game, especially since I can't always play a game every day. I still love the game despite the cpu int's.

To keep it fresh though I think I'm going to change my playbook. I played an exhibition game with Cal and Tennessee the other day and had a blast. I usually throw most of my passes to my TE since I'm lousy at hitting my WRs but DeSean Jackson caught 8 balls for 171 yards and 4 TDs in a great game. I was down 35-31 in the 4th but pulled it out. I kind of liked Cal's playbook.

Sometimes I'll just play exhibition games due to the fact my kids might be waking up from a nap soon and I can only squeeze in 1/2 an hour if that. I really hope EA puts in game saves back in the game as its tough to allocate over an hour for a game with getting interrupted for me.
I usually change my playbook after a big success (like maybe two NCs) in order to simulate a new offensive coordinator. It keeps it pretty fresh IMO.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 09-05-2007, 09:12 AM   #27
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I usually change my playbook after a big success (like maybe two NCs) in order to simulate a new offensive coordinator. It keeps it pretty fresh IMO.
I'm going to have to try and win my division in the SEC first before I think about a NC lol. Not getting fired is my first priority but my approval rating is just under half now since I'm #24 and 4-0. Its a contract year and my schedule is much harder in the second half.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:20 AM   #28
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

I play all the time, still trying to find some sliders that are good for me though.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:20 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

I started back last nite. well I spent an hour with recruiting last nite before bed. While recruiting is deeper than ever this year, imo, it's very tedious. I'm going into year 3. I hadn't played in a few weeks after becoming pissed after forgetting to save my file after I went through and ranked about 30 players. EA has to find a better way to rank players. Anyway, the best thing is in year 3 at Southern Miss, i'm no longer trying to build the talent base. Now I can just recruit for needs in stead of trying to get 20 good guys. I think I have too many talented players from year 1 and 2 recruiting. I know transfers are going to hit hit me hard. I am so deep at DE with 4 star guys. Then I have a 5 star DE interested. Well gotta take him. Can't wait for tonite. Will play game 1 of year 3 on the road at Alabama. Glad I haven't won it all yet. Lost in the championship game in year 1 and though I had an undefeated season in year 2, I still finished 4th in the BCS due to 3 other undefeated teams. Can't be upset with that, I'm at Southern Miss. Hopefully I can get that SEC invite after year 3.

Recruiting tip: For 4 and 5 star guys, you can almost always pitch, "Pro, TV Exposure, and Championships" with success.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

Last edited by SoMiss2000; 09-05-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:30 AM   #30
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

I am back to playing again!
I took a couple weeks off when Madden came out but I am now back to NCAA08.
IMO NCAA 08 is a far better game than Madden 08.
Anyway I am having a blast now with NCAA 08 using Playmakers sliders.
I just finished a season with Michigan, I finished 11-2.
I lost to Oregon and Wisconsin and I beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta bowl 31-28.
Again I really enjoy this game alot, I cant get enough of it!
I am going to start a new season with Arkansas tonight.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:35 AM   #31
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I keep giving it chances, but I've lost something. Most games lately feel boring - not sure why. I'm definately not 'done' playing it, but it's been a long time since I've played more than once in a day. I officially play MLB 2K7 more, and that's saying something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2007, 10:41 AM   #32
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Still enjoying the game very much, mostly in the Grandpa League though. I still love my dynasty but I have to split spare time with pc gaming. I do try to not come to this forum too much though. As much as I love the game, the complaints try to convince me over to that side. I'd rather just stay away and enjoy the game.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »