Home

1* to 6* challenge anyone?

This is a discussion on 1* to 6* challenge anyone? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2007, 08:27 AM   #33
Rookie

isd71's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 1* to 6* challenge anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Well I finally finished my first dynasty season with Temple. After a 5-2 start had me thinking this just might be too easy, I followed that up with five losses! it was like the defenses in the last five games knew exactly what I was going to do most of the time? The other thing that hurt me was untimely fumbles and dumb int's (as well as some lame def pass int penalties). Oh well, if it was easy it wouldn't be called a challenge.

So anyway I just got thru my off-season recruiting before coming to work today. I landed one 4* CB, and one 3* QB, otherwise I got a whole bunch of 2* players. Didn't get a chance to check my draft ranking or see what any of the players will be rated at yet so I guess I'll see if any of the 2*'s will be able to help me next year. I really needed a better QB and RB, but I don't think I filled those slots?

For any of you that have been thru a few recruiting years, do any of the 2* players ever end up being worth a #*&@? Or did I basically just recruit a bunch of back-up level players?
The two stars can be pretty good but it all depends on what there overall rank is if its in the 700-900 range then he should be as good as a low 3 star if its in the 1000+ he might be just a backup, but I've gotten a 75 ovr TE true freshman two star so some of them can play.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:29 AM   #34
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21

Well I started mine with MTSU, won my first game rather easily, but then I had @ Louisville, @ LSU and Boston College at home (subbed them in for a 1-AA team). Had last minute drives against both L'ville and LSU with a chance to tie, but INT's on both drives killed me. Then I beat BC 42-34. Playing with an inferior team definitely adds to the fun IMO.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #35
Rookie

JoltinJacket's Arena

OVR: 1

Chalk up another vote for an FIU 1* dynasty. I started it last night and beat Idaho 51-9 in my first game. The road gets tougher now though...I play at LSU and host Ohio State...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2007, 04:26 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by isd71
The two stars can be pretty good but it all depends on what there overall rank is if its in the 700-900 range then he should be as good as a low 3 star if its in the 1000+ he might be just a backup, but I've gotten a 75 ovr TE true freshman two star so some of them can play.
Where do you see the "number" rating for players your talking about? The ratings I saw during recruiting were letter grades (C, C-, D, D+). Finished up recruiting and started my next season. Not one of the 2* players I recruited will be likely to see the field. The best one ended up being a 72, with most of them falling between low 60's to high 60's. Not much value in a player rated that low (unless they have great speed). The best player in my first class was a 4* CB which is rated at 76. Also got a 3* QB rated at 70.

I didn't expect to get a good draft class in my first year with Temple, after all I only finished with a 5-7 record and I think they were 1-11 "for real" the year before that. This was also my first go-around at the new recruiting system (made some mistakes). I already see quite a bit more interested players in the new seasons pre-season recruiting so hopefully I'll get some usable players this coming year .... I better because some important seniors will be leaving after this season. Loving the challenge of playing with a DOG!
Old 09-21-2007, 02:50 AM   #37
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

When I finally get the motivation and time to sit through a couple seasons, I'm gonna continue my dynasty with Kent State. I'm not really doing it for the challenge, I'm doing it cause I gotta rep the school I go to. The running game can be nasty cause of Edelman and Jarvis, and the defense is pretty solid. I know I'll have no problem getting at least 6 wins the first season with them, and then its just a matter of recruiting, cause once Edelman and Jarvis are gone, its a rougher road.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:51 AM   #38
Rookie

isd71's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Where do you see the "number" rating for players your talking about? The ratings I saw during recruiting were letter grades (C, C-, D, D+). Finished up recruiting and started my next season. Not one of the 2* players I recruited will be likely to see the field. The best one ended up being a 72, with most of them falling between low 60's to high 60's. Not much value in a player rated that low (unless they have great speed). The best player in my first class was a 4* CB which is rated at 76. Also got a 3* QB rated at 70.

I didn't expect to get a good draft class in my first year with Temple, after all I only finished with a 5-7 record and I think they were 1-11 "for real" the year before that. This was also my first go-around at the new recruiting system (made some mistakes). I already see quite a bit more interested players in the new seasons pre-season recruiting so hopefully I'll get some usable players this coming year .... I better because some important seniors will be leaving after this season. Loving the challenge of playing with a DOG!
The ranking number shows up before you click on the player to see his grades its with all his vitals if you just look at a list of recruits at the very end of the line that has his height, weight, pos, hometown there should be a rank like #1078.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #39
Banned

Just finished an AMAZING game! After winning my season-opener against Navy I was matched up against my rival Pitt (I'm Temple). I typically play a ball-control offense with lots of runs and shorter passes, but in this game offenses definitely had the edge.

Game went back and forth with nice long drives in the first half and ended up going into half-time tied 21-21. Came out in the second half hoping to take the lead, but they shut me down and drew first blood, Pitt up 21-28. I get back on track with a bunch of nice runs setting up an awesome play-action pass which they bite on, then their DB gets overly aggressive and misses the tackle on the edge ... 30+ yard TD!!! Game tied at 28.

At this point I seem to be taking over, but a really stupid pass in the redzone gives Pitt the ball and momentum(you know how critical that can be). I actually stuff their offense and cause them to try a 52 yd field goal which they miss, but wait ... ROUGHING THE KICKER!!!, a dreaded penalty on me and sure enough they go down for the score. I'm down 28-35. They seem to be getting stronger now and put me into a 4th and inches at my own 40 yard line. I'm afraid to punt and give the ball back even tho it's early in the 4th so I gamble and go for it ... no gain(the dreaded "successful jump").

Now I figure I'm screwed as their in my territory, but my defense stiffens up and I only allow a FG so now i'm down 28-38. I figure it's "air it out" time so I get in the hurry-up offense and while I didn't score quickly I did truck downfield with numerous passes and some real nice draw plays that caught them off guard, 35-38. With me now having the momentum I take some risks on D and send some blitz .... and YEA BABY, I hammer the QB from behind and cause a fumble! I take the ball down with a few runs and drive right up the middle for the go-ahead TD ... 42-38!!!

From here on the momentum really took over . With only a couple minutes left they were in must-pass situations so I got into the dime and dropped my DB's back. Yes, I got an INT to essentially end the game,. but it was very realistic in that they had to air it out. This game had every emotion in it ... at one point I damn near threw my controller into the wall (roughing penalty), then at other times I couldn't be happier (go ahead td) .... for all the games faults, this one was a blast!

2-0 and onto Penn St. now ??? I'll have to play perfect to win this one ......

Last edited by Steeler99; 09-21-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:33 PM   #40
Banned

Just had my first truly frustrating "turnover" game. I'm slowly building Temple into a decent team, sometimes upset a better team, sometimes lose to a team I should beat. Well I'm up against Cent. MI and overall it's a very good game with both teams struggling a bit on defense, with offense moving up and down the field.

All but one of my drives that didn't end in a score were ended by a turnover so we go into the half with me down 17-21. Of course their last score came due to a fumble by my player (which was his second of the game). I chalk it up as a bad half and hopefully the turnover bug is done for the game.

Nope, second half is even worse. I come out and have some awesome drives, with the first two both ending in fumbles! They score of one of them so now it's an 11 pnt game. I manage to get into the redzone but they stuff me and I settle for a FG, down by 8. With still a quarter to go I stop them and once again I get down to their redzone only to turn it over, and the next play they throw a short pass which ends up going for a 60+ yd TD .... right or wrong, I shut off my 360 at this point! I actually enjoy a good loss, but this was rediculous! All turnovers and penalties went the cpu's way, just couldn't take it anymore!

OK, I'm done with my rant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »