Home

How is this game compaired to APF/Madden?

This is a discussion on How is this game compaired to APF/Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2007, 12:41 PM   #9
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How is this game compaired to APF/Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Always be hitting that ball protect button before a hit.
...and the ball carrier still fumbles.

BUT, these's nothing like the Dynasty mode of NCAA 08. The recruiting "mini-game" makes me think about the game even when I'm at work.

I've played like 6 games online with NCAA. It's ALL about winning the turnover battle. I've won all of them (with one game not being counted because the other guy quitted and I picked the wrong option after accepting the quit), and each of the games I didn't feel like I really won, but rather the other guy lost it for me cause they went nuts with the passing. So against a good player who prefer not to turn the ball over to you, be prepared to have one of those run-oriented game. Might as well play Army vs Navy and have 90% of the plays be running/option plays.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #10
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I have had success with lowering INT's to 0 for CPU and HUM and putting Knockdowns at 85. yes, I still have some games where I get 3 or 4 INT's, but there have also been times where I get 1 or none.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367
...and the ball carrier still fumbles.

BUT, these's nothing like the Dynasty mode of NCAA 08. The recruiting "mini-game" makes me think about the game even when I'm at work.

I've played like 6 games online with NCAA. It's ALL about winning the turnover battle. I've won all of them (with one game not being counted because the other guy quitted and I picked the wrong option after accepting the quit), and each of the games I didn't feel like I really won, but rather the other guy lost it for me cause they went nuts with the passing. So against a good player who prefer not to turn the ball over to you, be prepared to have one of those run-oriented game. Might as well play Army vs Navy and have 90% of the plays be running/option plays.
Man i'm frustrated with the mini game. I've been on a tear with IU and since Michigan and OSU aren't on the schedule I put together a real nice record and I has keeping all the recruits happy with pitches and all that but once the regular season ended i was only able to get ONE commit. I'm about to play LSU in the Capital One bowl and i'll be pissed if i win and don't get any more commits. Reminds me of a dynasty I did in NCAA 07 when I wa sStanford and took the Pac 10 and went undefeated in the first year but couldn't get any recruits to come to my school regardless and the next two seasons were abysmal because I couldn't get any talent to fill the ranks.......and this was AFTER i'd built Duke into a national powerhouse through strong recruiting and winning records.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

I would use Playmakers or Jistics sliders (I personally use Playmakers with some tweaks)

I've found the best combo to be low int and low knockdowns. I get pretty realistic stats even with my awareness at 25, knockdowns at 0 and ints at 10.

I have the awareness for the cpu bumped up to 75 with knockdowns at 0 and ints at 10 and I don't ever throw a pick that I feel is cheap.

As for fumbling, you cannot do 2 things at once and expect not to fumble a couple times. That means you can't juke and sprint, sprint and jump, sprint and spin, etc. Most of my fumbles come when I try to swtich hands so the ball is on the outside and the cpu is too close, resulting in me stiff arming while sprinting, which sometimes leads to fumbles.

I've got really good at changing hands right away, not using the sprint until I need to outrun someone, and covering the ball before I get tackled.

I love NCAA. There are some bugs that I can't stand (depth charts mainly in dynasties) but I love the gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »