Home

Solid Playing Time?

This is a discussion on Solid Playing Time? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Solid Playing Time?

I recruited a punter the other day with Kentucky because mine was graduating and I made the "solid playing time" promise to a recruit because he would be my only punter and he took all my kickoffs for me and obviously punted, but at the end of the year it said the promise was broken. I'm not sure how he could have gotten more playing time than what he did. I also made the promise to a DT who was in my Dline rotation and saw maybe 25-30% of defensive snaps and a lot more in the 4th quarters of blowouts. Apparently I broke the promise to him as well. Has anybody observed how much it takes to keep that promise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Solid Playing Time?

yea i had the same thing happen to me but i broke even as i also promised him no redshirt.

also beware if you do promise no redshirt, make sure he gets some playing time, if not it will count as a redshirt year. it kinds screws with army/navy/air force dynasties.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

This happened with my kicker as well. He had all the kicking duties except for punting and after the first year he wanted to transfer to whisky due to not enough playing time, i was like OK? Maybe everytime you get into the redzone you should kick a FG?
Old 09-09-2007, 06:16 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Only in my second year and I am currently concerned about what "solid playing time" is going to be defined as. Worried that I might lose my freshman running back that I am counting on to take over next year.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:00 PM   #5
stewaat

OVR:

I also have had this problem, great thread. I had 2 guys I gave the "solid playing time" promise. One was my starting punter and the other was an all-american punt returner who also got some rushes as my backup HB. Both were unsatisfied.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2007, 10:52 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I also have had this problem, great thread. I had 2 guys I gave the "solid playing time" promise. One was my starting punter and the other was an all-american punt returner who also got some rushes as my backup HB. Both were unsatisfied.
yea something seems broken or the requirements are too high. they might as well change the "solid playing time" to "promise to start".

i only do the no redshirt one if i know he will be a 1st/2nd stringer and in some cases the winning record vs. rivals and hope that i can do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »